• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Prosperan Son

Prosperan Son

Grand Apostle Narak of the Word Bearers

• Elite Member
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:44 PM

This has always been conflicting for me, but I've always wondered how much the legions numbered in during the Great Crusade/Heresy
What I know so far that:
The Ultramarines had around 210-250k troops
Word Bearers had 118-140k troops
Raven Guard numbered around 80k
Thousand Son had between 5-10k
Emperor's Children had at least 15k
and that Sons of Horus/Black Legion had 25k

But I've wondered how much the others had.
“A king must live a life more vivid than any other and be a figure for all to admire! The king is the one who collects the envy of all his heroes and stands as their guide! Therefore, the king is not alone. For his will equals that of all his followers combined!”

#2 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

This has always confused me as well actually, be intereting to learn what their numbers actually were.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#3 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:28 AM

It sounds like the Salamanders were in the low 10k, and they are supposed to be one of the smallest Legions. I think Iron Hands are also in the 20-30k range.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#4 Ork Slayer117

Ork Slayer117

World Eater Cultist

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:32 AM

I think the Raven Guard were also one of the smaller legions (Before Massacre) not entirely sure... all I really knowa bout them in Horus Heresy is that their expertese was often sought after by Horus and the Alpha Legion messing up their initiates to transform into monters a little while after the Massacre.
Scream your rage unto the stars, and by the gods, leave none alive!

#5 Prosperan Son

Prosperan Son

Grand Apostle Narak of the Word Bearers

• Elite Member
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:49 AM

Well two of the Heresy books seem to contradict one another. In Fulgrim it says that the Salamanders, Iron Hands, and Raven Guard fought against the Sons of Horus,Death Guard, World Eaters and Emperors Children, and that loyalist forces numbered around 45,000 but in Deliverance lost, it says that over 80,000 Raven Guard went to Istvaan but only 3000 made it out. It just raises more questions!
“A king must live a life more vivid than any other and be a figure for all to admire! The king is the one who collects the envy of all his heroes and stands as their guide! Therefore, the king is not alone. For his will equals that of all his followers combined!”

#6 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:12 AM

Night Lords, Word Bearers, Alpha Legion and Iron Warriors were also at deposits massacre. They killed most of the salamanders, raven guard and iron hands. Over half the raven guard losses were in the first hours of the fight.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#7 JACCX023

JACCX023

Guardian of the kitchen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:12 AM

A moment of silence for our lost brothers although long gone their indomitable and inmortal spirits still guide our blades in the darkness.

let us never falter...let our blades never dull

on topic yea does any 1 have atleast the close numbers of each legion? i would really like to know just clear my doubts
A true warrior is never afraid to employ more unconventional tatics!
Posted Image

#8 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:42 AM

read somewhere that the Dark Angels had around 65,000 PH
Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

#9 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

Sorcerer Supreme of the Thousand Sons

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

My Knowledge lies with the primarchs. on Istavaan Fulgrim cut Robert girlymans throat with the deamon blade and then killed the iron hands leader.

Two Giratina are better than one.

Posted Image

Thanks to Astral Shadow of Serebii for the Signiture

Change Theme!