1 reply to this topic

#1 CotW

CotW

Busy Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

Just wondering what you guys think of these numbers. This game has no real way of expressing player skill since characters only go to 20 and are also reset all the time. N7 simply means you play a lot, not that you play well especially since even the worst player on a team gets the same XP and credits at the end.

I know I get nervous if I see under 100 N7 in a gold game but never kick anyone for their rank or level until after a game ends and they proved they suck. I've been kicked many times with no explanation in silver games because I was using a character under level 10. Anyone else find discrimination like that?

I'm at 641 right now myself and have a personal goal of gettin into the top 100 of the national ranks for Canada. Silly and pointless? Yep but I'm doing it anyway :D
Who's like us?
Damn few, and they're all dead!

#2 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

People will always have that elitist sense. I've heard many times when a Space Marine game starts up and people go "Oh man we have a level 5" regardless that xp is inevitable and therefore not an example of skill people endlessly equate level to skill. If you're not a high level, you must suck. Shitty perspective, but a ubiquitous one.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

Change Theme!