Photo

Where are these people getting inspiration for music videos?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 SuperFreakyNick

SuperFreakyNick

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

Sometimes, even when the music video actually matches the lyrics in a way, it's still so what the hell? I was watching the music video for a song I'm addicted to at the moment. The lyrics are about this girl who is all pissy that this guy she likes won't think of her when they're together and is upset with herself that she loves him too much to break it off.

The music video basically shows them getting it on, and when he wakes up he's handcuffed to the bed with a bomb strapped to his chest which she sets to go off. Then she walks away, being all romantic-like with another girl.
Our hero, our hero, claims a warrior's heart. I tell you, I tell you, the Dragonborn comes.

#2 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9552 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

The music video basically shows them getting it on, and when he wakes up he's handcuffed to the bed with a bomb strapped to his chest which she sets to go off. Then she walks away, being all romantic-like with another girl.

Whats it called? Im curious if anything else.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#3 SuperFreakyNick

SuperFreakyNick

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

Abracadabra by Brown Eyed Girls, one of my top bands

I have to admit, I have a girlcrush on Ga In.
Our hero, our hero, claims a warrior's heart. I tell you, I tell you, the Dragonborn comes.

#4 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9552 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

Its... Original, if anything else. Its bizarre, but compared with other bizarre videos it sounds a lot better than crazy stuff by the modern Slaaneshi worshipper known as gaga.

Cant say it appeals to my sense of music as a die hard Evanescence fan, I only once got into a song in a forun laguange once and that was the Death Note sound track The World. Thanks for showing though.

Posted Image

#5 SuperFreakyNick

SuperFreakyNick

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

I love K-Pop. I'm pretty positive it's because my brother IS Asian, and he's friends with all the exchange students at our school (almost all Koreans).

I love Evanescence too. I'm not kidding when I say I literally like almost every genre of music, if only a little bit from each.

When it comes to music videos, the Koreans know how to make them. They're always really good and have great dancing, especially since their more popular bands have a LOT more members (Super Junior has 11 I believe). That one I showed you wasn't really dances as sexy hip swiggle, but bands like Super Junior and SHINee have amazing dancing.

#6 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9552 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:09 PM

Im now really tempted to find more of these...

For the dances that is. Nothing to do with sexy hip swiggle... :P

Posted Image

#7 SuperFreakyNick

SuperFreakyNick

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

I can spam you with K-Pop music videos like my best friend and I do on Facebook. Only on here.

#8 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9552 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:16 PM

Ill pass, admitedly Im busy waiting for Tobusus videos of Amnesia to upload.

Posted Image

#9 SuperFreakyNick

SuperFreakyNick

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

More Koreans for me. :D

#10 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9552 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:04 PM

Ok, I watched a few, and I have to admit K-pop bands are EXTREMELY impressive dancers. Not to mention the music videos are pretty stunning.

Posted Image

#11 SuperFreakyNick

SuperFreakyNick

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:10 PM

They are good, especially because most of the bands DO seriously have 7-15 members. Just members. Not counting back-up dancers. Kind of hard to get a giant group to dance that well, but I believe they do a damn good job. Plus, in my personal opinions, Korean musical artists are a LOT hotter than most others, and their outfits are WTF-Lady Gaga ish, but it looks a lot better and Must Want. (I like Lady Gaga, but I think most K-Pop stars can pull off the extreme style than her).

#12 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1950 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:08 AM

I commend bands thinking outside of the box when making a music video. It's why I'm a big fan of many of Nickelback's music videos. I can't stand when the music video is simply the band playing... if I wanted to see that I'd go see you in concert. Get some imagination.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#13 SuperFreakyNick

SuperFreakyNick

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:14 AM

Exactly! I use to direct, film and edit music videos for my best friend's band (they broke up because one of their members died) and it was so fucking DULL to just watch the band play in a music video. I agree, if I wanted to watch you play guitar, I would have seen you in concert.

#14 Cypher 1013

Cypher 1013

Raven Wing 2nd Company battle brother

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:00 AM

This is why I only listen to Barry Manilow.:blush:
No bombs in Barry's video's:s
Stoopid fuqing rools.
Awesome ends with me.

Change Theme!