6 replies to this topic

#1 Apulo

Apulo

Lead Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

For all you aspiring movie makers out there, Elgato has just announced a new video capture device that supports HDMI passthru...

http://www.gamecapture.com/

#2 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

Bearer of the Redemption of St. Sulech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

I sure will miss my legs when i buy this.
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#3 Apulo

Apulo

Lead Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

It's actually not that bad price-wise. $200 bones. It's not available yet, it was just announced today.

#4 SuperFreakyNick

SuperFreakyNick

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

I have to buy new equipment soon anyway. The camera I was using was very badly abused. Hit by soccer, footballs and basketballs, hit with a shoe, got shark guts on it, nearly stepped on, got flour all over it, and so much more.

It's nearly a miracle it lasted three years. I'll end up retiring it to being the family photography camera. It'll probably never get used again.
Our hero, our hero, claims a warrior's heart. I tell you, I tell you, the Dragonborn comes.

#5 Spinysnafu

Spinysnafu

Reluctant Herder Of Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

HDMI - fair enough but if you're going to be posting on here and still have a decent resolution then there's much cheaper alternatives. The only (and I mean only) downside is that you have to use AV or composite for the recorded game.

This is what I use - old laptop with usb2 card in the slot - the other Xbox AV flylead with red white and yellow plugs - the usb plugin EZcap 116 (has to be this version for me as it's the only one that supports PAL60 and NTSC433 as standard) - That's it...

Price New at £15 or $22 US.

Amazon Description.

Official EZCAP EzCAP116 USB 2.0 Video Capture Device. Convert Video+Audio from VHS, V8, Hi8, All Camcorders, Video Recorder, DVD player, Satellite TV, Freeview etc. Capture xbox360 & playstation3 in PAL 60 colour. Includes Arcsoft Showbiz 3.5 editing software. Output in 16:9 or 4:3. Upload videos direct to YouTube . Supports Windows XP/Vista + Windows 7 32/64.+ *FREE AV cable* by ClimaxDigital (Electronics)

http://www.amazon.co...37617974&sr=8-2

It comes with the Arcsoft video software that is good for capture over multiple TV formats and also very good because the editor has a multi trim function which is invaluable when you're cutting the whole thing down to 15 mins of standard YouTube time.

The mpeg file that's created can then be dropped directly into MS Moviemaker to do the titling as it's better than anything else I've found that's free (on every XP machine). It also drops the size of the finished file quite considerably when it's finally saved to .WMV

EG the last ones I've just done was 30 minutes to a Gig 600Mb in Mpeg2 raw data - once processed about the 250Mb mark for upload and still very watchable.

It's Youtube after all :)
Bonsai, bakchoy, wiseguy, waterboy! Light shine bright in the old town tonight!
Radical Edward.

#6 Apulo

Apulo

Lead Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

Yeah, I couldn't remember the guy that wanted a video capture device with HD support and HDMI passthrough so I just posted it in general ;)

#7 Spinysnafu

Spinysnafu

Reluctant Herder Of Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:36 PM

Last one I saw was DarkSaint I think - and he's now gone off the forum. I'm sure one of the remaining Wolves will post it on to him.
Bonsai, bakchoy, wiseguy, waterboy! Light shine bright in the old town tonight!
Radical Edward.

Change Theme!