6 replies to this topic

#1 Brother White

Brother White

Forge Master of the Crimson Fists

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

So I just beat it last night...I know slow poke meme... Anyways what did you guys think of the ending?

I thought it was pretty meh, which path did you choose at the end?

I chose the destruction path.

Sent from The Righteous Truth, Battle Barge of the Third Company of the Crimson Fists

#2 CotW

CotW

Busy Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

Destroy, that's what I've been trying to do all series long, not gonna drop the ball at the 1 yard line! Of course the first time I played the ending I accidentally went into the beam because I was distracted during the cut scene and I didn't know what to do :derp:!

I hated the ending until I read about the Indoctrination Theory, then I loved it. Makes more sense than the "true" ending, fewer plot holes and makes it more epic. Also makes destroy the only right option. Honestly having only one possible "good" ending based on the Indoctrination Theory sits better with me than 3 meh endings.
Who's like us?
Damn few, and they're all dead!

#3 Brother White

Brother White

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

What is this theory where can I read it?

Sent from The Righteous Truth, Battle Barge of the Third Company of the Crimson Fists

#4 CotW

CotW

Busy Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:03 PM

Here is one good vid:

And another:

Various forums have debated it with both sides making excellent points. I like it simply because it lends so much more to the ending and makes Sheppard that much more interesting a character. You as a player have many hints given to you, just like he would have but unless you put the pieces together you like Sheppard are unaware that it is happening. No one thinks they are being indoctrinated and controlled but it always ends that way. You have the chance to break free at the end based on your choice as an ignorant Sheppard, not as a player who knows that it is happening because the game told you it was.
Who's like us?

#5 Brother White

Brother White

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:43 PM

Dude my mind just exploded, if that was the game creators true goal, bravo to them.

#6 CotW

CotW

Busy Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:02 AM

Glad you enjoyed that! Hit me up anytime you wanna play the multiplayer, I still play it and will be for a while since I find it very fun.
Who's like us?

#7 Brother White

Brother White

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:29 AM

Will do

Change Theme!