21 replies to this topic

#1 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

Well I have made my Chaos Space Marine and Space Marine Pre-Heresy World Eaters. I am wondering if there was anyway I could improve on them though. The Chaos one is during the heresy where he is covered in blood. I would have done the same for the Space Marine but they don't get good blood splatter effects =P
http://www.facebook....61905359&type=3
http://www.facebook....pe=3&permPage=1
I have all of the armour unlocked for Imperium and Chaos. I don't have all of the Skins though. I did use some of the Ultramarines champion and Chosen of Nemeroth to make some of it but I change the colours on them =) Anyway ideas for improvement will do =)

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#2 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

Images dont work. For me at least.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#3 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:27 PM

Tried opening in a new tab or window?

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#4 Zijan

Zijan

Epistolary, 3rd Company

• Banned
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

I don't think we can see Facebook images (if I try and open the image in a new tab, it takes me to a facebook link). Try uploading them to something like Imgur or photobucket. We should be able to see them then.

#5 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:39 PM

Ok then =) I guess the reason you can't see them is I did something stupid =P Ok I will upload them there then I can show to you guys then you guys can tell me how to improve on them =D

#6 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

Ok I have got an account and I have just uploaded them here they are =)
Posted Image
Posted Image
If these don't work for some reason I will go to some other site and so on until they are able to be shown to you guys =D

#7 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

Are you sure you are posting the correct way?

EDIT: I edited your post DX and fixed your images. You weren't using the right link from Photobucket.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#8 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

Those look pretty cool.

Posted Image

#9 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:13 PM

Thanks Nox =D What was I doing wrong with it? Was I supposed to insert Image because that is what I used.
Thanks JC do you see anyway I could improve upon them?

#10 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:14 PM

Make the red darker, MUCH darker, blood is no where near that bright, its almost black in fact.

Posted Image

#11 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:17 PM

There is an icon at the top of the box when you make a new post that looks like a little landscape and it says "insert image." The link you take from Photobucket is the one titled Direct Link and paste it in there.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#12 Zijan

Zijan

Epistolary, 3rd Company

• Banned
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:20 PM

I assume you used "Blood Red" for the blood effect. You could possibly try "Red Gore" or "Mechrite Red." They're both darker, and a little bit purpler, so closer to that dried blood look.

#13 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

Ok thanks Nox I will keep that in mind for future occasions when I am putting pictures on.
Well I went for the Blood Red to symbolise non stop killing of a World Eater. But I guess I could try the other reds to have a feel for them =) I will play a few games with them on to see how they look thanks =D

#14 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:44 PM

Should I upload the ones with different reds so you can be the judge of them? Also the colours I am using with them is Skull White primary and Regal blue for the shoulders and Backpack. I think I should get the Aquila off the Space Marine because only Emperor's Children had them on their armour.

#15 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

Your choice mate.

Posted Image

#16 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

I think that the Blood Red looks like it is more fresh and as if they have just grabbed a space marine and ripped them in half. the other reds make it look like they have just killed someone and it dried really fast =P Still I'm taking off the aquila. Does anyone have any other pre-heresy or just cool looking Space or Chaos Marines. I have a Emperor's Children Pre-Heresy and a Thousand Sounds Pre-Heresy if anyone wants to see them just ask. =)

#17 Siddicus

Siddicus

Shadow Brother

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:20 PM

Use Mk4 armour for Breastplate as it has no Aquila, i use it on all my pre heresy sets.

Also the blood effect looks pretty damn kool.
I am Fear Incarnate

Ave Dominus Nox!

#18 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

Bearer of the Redemption of St. Sulech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

my chaos deathwatch guy is a world eater...i just have a red shoulder pad with gold trim.
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#19 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

Sid - I think you mean the MK6 Corvus the MK4 has a giant eagle on it =P Still I will do looks better already =D I still think that the Space Marine looks bland and new except for hit helmet as it has a cut threw it but because he is a World Eater seeing his own blood just makes him more angry hurray!

#20 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

Spec - That sounds like it is awesome! I WANT A PICTURE OF IT! NOW! But if you can't get one fair enough =)

Change Theme!