21 replies to this topic

#1 Cypher 1013

Cypher 1013

Raven Wing 2nd Company battle brother

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:55 AM

I like many of you are black library fans.
I pose this questions to you all.
What happened to the 2nd and 11th legions?
We know the 13th legion was given their astartes.
What could they have done?

Stoopid fuqing rools.
Awesome ends with me.

#2 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:07 AM

One was *CENSORED* and the other was a retard so the Emperor purged them. I hear he nearly purged the Blood Angels Primarch for nearly the same thing!
Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

#3 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:56 AM

It's not supposed to be known about them. The addition of saying that the 13th got all their troops is a load of crap with Games Workshop feeling like tossing that in to justify the Ultramarines having the most people. Originally the 2nd and 11th were just supposed to have missing/deleted records to allow the people that played table top to have the freedom to do whatever they wanted with their chapter's concept and just claim it came from the 2nd or 11th.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#4 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:28 AM

Although its hinted at in The First Heretic when Lorgar and Magnus chat, somthing about what they all swore an oaf of secrecy and that Lorgar was scared it would happen to his legion.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#5 Cypher 1013

Cypher 1013

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

It's not supposed to be known about them. The addition of saying that the 13th got all their troops is a load of crap with Games Workshop feeling like tossing that in to justify the Ultramarines having the most people. Originally the 2nd and 11th were just supposed to have missing/deleted records to allow the people that played table top to have the freedom to do whatever they wanted with their chapter's concept and just claim it came from the 2nd or 11th.

Tho I agree and remember during the lost chapter gaming concept the Horus heresy books are now the new fluff. I recall Ferrus was not killed in the original fluff but was trapped in the core of Mars. Well, he is headless now.:s

Stoopid fuqing rools.
Awesome ends with me.

#6 Lord Commander Archael

Lord Commander Archael

Chapter Master

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

One was *CENSORED* and the other was a retard so the Emperor purged them. I hear he nearly purged the Blood Angels Primarch for nearly the same thing!

Wow, there's a big surprise, Dern takes another sly little dig at the Blood Angels, didn't see that coming! :angel:

As for the unknown Primarchs, I'm hoping a little more detail might be forthcoming from the newest HH book :)

Posted Image

#7 Brother Remiel

Brother Remiel

Conscript

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 220 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:04 PM

Maybe they just didnt develop properly so they just used them for geneseed then killed them off after they wernt needed. I know Captain its laughable.
He who spill's blood with me, shall be my brother
Posted Image

#8 Ork Slayer117

Ork Slayer117

World Eater Cultist

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

Don't get excited guys for details on these legions, GW has these "draw-ins" to keep you interested in the universe, they will never likely give you a explanation as to what happened.

I personaly like to think there is something SUPER EVIL more evil then Chaos. I like to call them the "Shadows", thats just my own personalised fluff though, nothing official ^.^ and that they killed the Legions and turned some of them agaisnt their brothers, and the "Shadow" is like from a different Cosmos entirely and they're biding their time to strike again... Thats just my little evil nerdy brain in work though =D.
Scream your rage unto the stars, and by the gods, leave none alive!

#9 Lord Commander Archael

Lord Commander Archael

Chapter Master

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

Dorn almost got to talk about it in one of the HH books but was cut off by whoever it was he was talking to, one of the other Primarchs I think...

Posted Image

#10 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

Wow, there's a big surprise, Dern takes another sly little dig at the Blood Angels, didn't see that coming! :angel:

As for the unknown Primarchs, I'm hoping a little more detail might be forthcoming from the newest HH book :)

Aww don't go and get you lil feelings hurt, I wasn't making reference to you or your players. :heart:

Hopefully the Primarchs book will shed a lil light on this, but we can only hope.

Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

#11 Cypher 1013

Cypher 1013

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:47 PM

I look forward to seeing what comes from the HH.
Stoopid fuqing rools.
Awesome ends with me.

#12 Kokokacho

Kokokacho

Imperial Fists Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:16 AM

Don't get excited guys for details on these legions, GW has these "draw-ins" to keep you interested in the universe, they will never likely give you a explanation as to what happened.

I personaly like to think there is something SUPER EVIL more evil then Chaos. I like to call them the "Shadows", thats just my own personalised fluff though, nothing official ^.^ and that they killed the Legions and turned some of them agaisnt their brothers, and the "Shadow" is like from a different Cosmos entirely and they're biding their time to strike again... Thats just my little evil nerdy brain in work though =D.

"Shadows". You wouldn't happen to have read Roger Zelanzy's Amber Chronicles by chance? Great books, and he uses the term Shadows to refer to alternate realities/universes.
Posted Image

#13 Ork Slayer117

Ork Slayer117

World Eater Cultist

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:45 AM

"Shadows". You wouldn't happen to have read Roger Zelanzy's Amber Chronicles by chance? Great books, and he uses the term Shadows to refer to alternate realities/universes.

We read the first book in fifth grade but I never got into them really. I liked it, because it was more enjoyable then other books we read now such as: Romeo and Juliet and Huckleberyy Fin, sorry to all the Rednecks but...

+++WARNING ANGER OVERLOADING!+++
+++NERD RAGE MODE, EMERGENCY ACTIVATION+++

THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO TALK OR FUCKING SPELL! EVERYTHING IS IN REDNECK! GGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A FIRST GRADER CAN SPELL BETTER!!!!!!!!!!

+++Anger reduced to more managable levels+++
+++Nerd Rage Mode, dissengaged+++
+++You are clear to proceed+++

#14 Kokokacho

Kokokacho

Imperial Fists Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:19 AM

hahaha, indeed. The books they have you read in schools these days suck.
Posted Image

#15 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:08 AM

because it was more enjoyable then other books we read now such as: Romeo and Juliet and Huckleberyy Fin

THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO TALK OR FUCKING SPELL

People in Glass Houses...

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#16 Cypher 1013

Cypher 1013

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:19 AM

because it was more enjoyable then other books we read now such as: Romeo and Juliet and Huckleberyy Fin

THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO TALK OR FUCKING SPELL

People in Glass Houses...

It is hard to be angryy :@ at you Nox because you are so funnyy:D

Ork is my Battle brother and his honor is my honor

Stoopid fuqing rools.
Awesome ends with me.

#17 skotten

skotten

Great Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:20 PM

The fact that both legions had statues covered over on the imperial walkway, means they were active and full legions operating prior to the heresy.

Also the suggestion of the ultramarines ranks increasing from these legions suggests that the geneseed was still pure and stable.

Lorgar was the first heretic so succumbing to chaos is not the cause.

The legion of the damed came much later from the Fire Hawks chapter so that is out.

Tyranids had yet to enroach upon the galaxy so the legions and primarchs were not wiped out.

Hints that the Space Wolves razing of Prospeo was not the frst such confrontation the Emperor had sent the Wolves for, along with the idea of shame means that both legions made a choice that brought disgrace and sanctions upon themselves.

This will never be answered fully by GW and rightly so as it creates topics such as this ;) and anyone else notice that 2 in roman numerals is II ? A meaning perhaps? Or happy coincidence.
Postad bild

#18 Ork Slayer117

Ork Slayer117

World Eater Cultist

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

Skotten, sometimes I think your a Logic Engine lol Yes and that's a compliment coming from a Dark Angel to a Wolf.

#19 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

This will never be answered fully by GW and rightly so as it creates topics such as this ;) and anyone else notice that 2 in roman numerals is II ? A meaning perhaps? Or happy coincidence.

Actually thats based on roman tradition, The 2nd and 11th legions were always disbanded/killed/sacraficed (not sure which) to appease the gods or it was some other superstition.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#20 Cypher 1013

Cypher 1013

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:31 AM

I think they just added. 2+11=13 Lets give them to Rowbout:dodgy:

YEAH.. hey he likes it!!

Is it wrong that I was cheering for the Word Bearers during Know no fear??
Stoopid fuqing rools.
Awesome ends with me.

Change Theme!