24 svar till detta ämne

#1 Assassinatus41

Assassinatus41

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 inlägg

Postad 29 mars 2012 - 04:29

I was just wondering, has there ever been a cannon instance where the Nercons fought the Tyranids? My bet is the Necrons would win because the Nids partially rely on fear and the consumption of bio-matter. The Necrons have neither.

Who do you think would win?

For Russ! For the Wolftime!

#2 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 950 inlägg

Postad 29 mars 2012 - 04:33

Nids don't rely on fear, that is just a lucky byproduct. To my knowledge there are no instances of Tyranids and Necrons duking it out, but my money would be on the Tyranids. Their strength is numbers, and while they can't feed off of the Necrons, they still have the numbers department.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#3 Assassinatus41

Assassinatus41

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 inlägg

Postad 29 mars 2012 - 04:42

Ah but the Nids have used terror tactics before. A Deathleaper killed an Imperium spiritual leader's bodyguards (but not him) a dozen times until the poor guy went nuts and it broke the Guardsmen's morale. This enabled the Hive Mind to conduct a more efficient planetary invasion.

Numbers don't matter so much if you can't die. Necrons are super tough, have the most powerful weapons, and can reanimate each other. And don't forget the war machines, from the tiny Scarabs to the huge Tomb Guardians.

#4 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 29 mars 2012 - 04:43

Necrons and Vanguard organisms might cross paths during a harvesting or raid. However Hive Fleets circumnavigate all Necron Tomb Worlds

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#5 RavenGuard117

RavenGuard117

Meatshield

• Members
  • 67 inlägg

Postad 29 mars 2012 - 05:02

In a BA codex the BAs and Necrons teamed up to fight Tyranids. If I remember correctly it was that fucker that has a hard-on for Ultrasmurfs, Matt Ward. Don't know for sure though.

Victoris Aut Mortis

#6 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 29 mars 2012 - 05:08

In a BA codex the BAs and Necrons teamed up to fight Tyranids. If I remember correctly it was that fucker that has a hard-on for Ultrasmurfs, Matt Ward. Don't know for sure though.

Yeah that shits on years of cannon and all the other stories, so just ignore it.

Hopefully the next gen of codexes fixes things, as Matt fucking Ward is going to go mess with LoTR now

cruSig2.jpg

#7 RavenGuard117

RavenGuard117

Meatshield

• Members
  • 67 inlägg

Postad 29 mars 2012 - 05:31

As much as I love LotR, I would rather that fucker mess with it than 40k. Thank the Dark Gods, I thought he'd never leave. Fuckin hate him.

Victoris Aut Mortis

#8 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 29 mars 2012 - 05:38

As much as I love LotR, I would rather that fucker mess with it than 40k. Thank the Dark Gods, I thought he'd never leave. Fuckin hate him.

If he had just left the damn fluff alone he would be a 40k god, his other work was great

cruSig2.jpg

#9 RavenGuard117

RavenGuard117

Meatshield

• Members
  • 67 inlägg

Postad 29 mars 2012 - 06:26

If he had just left the damn fluff alone he would be a 40k god, his other work was great

I know. But, he did fuck with the established fluff. I'm surprised he didn't try to rename Marneus Calgar to Mattus Wardius.

Victoris Aut Mortis

#10 Assassinatus41

Assassinatus41

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 inlägg

Postad 29 mars 2012 - 02:42

ANYWAY...It's interesting that the Nids avoid the Tomb Worlds. I wonder how they know? And why? I guess the Hive Mind knows taking over a lifeless Necron planet would be pointless. Or are they secretly afraid???

I still think the Necrons would win. They beat the Old Ones, a race I think could easily vanquish the Nids.

#11 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 950 inlägg

Postad 29 mars 2012 - 03:05

They beat the old ones at the height of their power. Most Necrons are asleep now.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#12 Apulo

Apulo

Lead Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 465 inlägg

Postad 29 mars 2012 - 03:09

I think Nox and I are planning on testing this out at some point. I have a Vassal Necron army and he has a 'nid Vassal army.

#13 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10 192 inlägg

Postad 29 mars 2012 - 06:26

ANYWAY...It's interesting that the Nids avoid the Tomb Worlds. I wonder how they know? And why? I guess the Hive Mind knows taking over a lifeless Necron planet would be pointless. Or are they secretly afraid???

I still think the Necrons would win. They beat the Old Ones, a race I think could easily vanquish the Nids.

They avoid it since there is no return on biomass. Each invasion is an investment of biomass. When they win, they get their investment back and more. If they lose they get nothing and are weakend. They can't simply call up reinforcements, they must make theirs out of the biomass they have or taken from the planet. A necron world is usually a dead world. Lifeless rock. And so just go around.

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#14 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14 265 inlägg

Postad 29 mars 2012 - 06:58

^ priest hit the nail ok the head. The reason that tyranids don't war on necrons is that they can't gain anything by it...the swarm evolves by taking genetic data and assimalating it. That is how the various surtypes of tyranid are created. No genetic data could be harvested, so a war on a tomb world would only be a waste of the hives resources

sent from my couch

Oh sanctuary...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Rp
cainsig11.jpg

#15 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 29 mars 2012 - 07:57

Actually you're both wrong. There are pre-Ward fluff pieces where it states that entire human worlds have been avoided by the hive fleet. The Nids avoid the Necrons full stop

cruSig2.jpg

#16 Assassinatus41

Assassinatus41

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 inlägg

Postad 30 mars 2012 - 12:34

Then there's either something the Nids know that we don't, or the Hive Mind has specific goals for specific worlds. The Tomb Worlds just aren't on the list? Maybe there's something about C'tan energies that stump the Nids.

#17 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14 265 inlägg

Postad 30 mars 2012 - 12:37

You try fighting aDamn crunchy skelly that fights with lazers and see if its worth it

sent from my couch

Oh sanctuary...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Rp
cainsig11.jpg

#18 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 30 mars 2012 - 12:37

Then there's either something the Nids know that we don't, or the Hive Mind has specific goals for specific worlds. The Tomb Worlds just aren't on the list? Maybe there's something about C'tan energies that stump the Nids.

C'Tan don't exists anymore thanks to Ward.

The mainstream theory is that the Hive Mind is a C'Tan called "The Outsider".

cruSig2.jpg

#19 Assassinatus41

Assassinatus41

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 inlägg

Postad 30 mars 2012 - 12:51

[/quote]

C'Tan don't exists anymore thanks to Ward.

The mainstream theory is that the Hive Mind is a C'Tan called "The Outsider".
[/quote]

Whoa really? That's nuts! Instead of soulless machines he made soulless bugs. Imagine mechanical Nids with Necron reanimation powers...
Instead of breeding from stolen biomass they tear up machines/structures to make more warriors. Then even the Tomb Worlds wouldn't be safe.

Aren't the Necrons still running on C'tan energy even if the actual C'tan are gone? How else do they endure? I'm puzzled.

#20 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 30 mars 2012 - 01:02

The Necrons are now the 40K version of Tomb Kings. The "Directive" which forced all Necrons to obey the Silent King was severed once they entered hibernation (by the King).

The fluff now states the final act of the Necrons was to turn on the C'Tan as the C'Tan had fed off the process of Biotransferance (Necrontyr -> Necron).

Basically it fucks the fluff up major time, now we have active fluff for the Deceiver and Nightbringer being whole and up to no good, and also the "shards" of them introduced by this new codex

cruSig2.jpg

Change Theme!