• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 RavenGuard117

RavenGuard117

Meatshield

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

My birthday is coming up, and I'm thinking about getting a tattoo. I'm either gonna get an Imperial Aquila, or Khorne Rune, and I was wondering which you guys prefer, or if its just a bad idea altogether. Just tell me what you think.

Victoris Aut Mortis

#2 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

When it comes to tattoos my suggestion is to think long and hard about A) What the chosen symbol means to you and B) Do you think you'll be fond of that symbol in 40 years? Between the two I'd probably go for the Aquila it has a higher chance of standing the test of time.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#3 Drake Malice

Drake Malice

Meatshield

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

I intend to get the mark of tzeentch on my left shoulder after my next...maybe 2 tattoos, so i would recommend you go for the "allegiance" that most suits you: loyalist or heretic
"I heard you only use the Melta-Gun...that is the universal sign that you are a Bosh'tet" -Drake Malice

#4 Lewiz92

Lewiz92

4th Company Battle Brother

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:45 AM

Nox has it right, think carefully about how much you're going to want that in the future.

Posted Image

#5 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:53 AM

I would go against either. From the stories I heard from tattoo artist, tattoos with hard angles suffer greatly from time. And since both are almost nothing but hard angles, they may not stand up later on.

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#6 Siddicus

Siddicus

Shadow Brother

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:20 AM

Ide go for the mark of chaos as there is already a symbol which exists known as the chaos star. But if i was to get one which i am going to it would be the mark of chaos but more twisted, im thinking of getting NL symbol with their war cry. This will be after ive had my sons names done though and the tattoo shop is just round the road from me.:D
I am Fear Incarnate

Ave Dominus Nox!

#7 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:17 AM

Its a bad idea altogether!

You should have a Night Lord tatoo!

I know 2 people, one has the legion symbol on his left arm, another has a night lord artwork of a sorcerous on his arm. If you think you can handle the pain have a look at the many Black Library novels and their art work covers, find one you really like and use it.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

Change Theme!