#1 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:07 PM

Step 1: Download The Client

There are two methods to getting the client, one is an Iso Download and the other is a Torrent. With the Iso you will need to download Daemon Tools, mount the ISO and copy the files out of the virtual drive (alternatively use .7zip or WinRar to extract its contents). For the torrent download I suggest you use uTorrent (and for gods sake READ the uTorrent installer, it has a bloatware bundled thing that installs if you hit "I accept" on something looking like a legal page - cough cough Pilot)

Step 2: Download The Launcher

Download the Launcher, extract it and put all the files in the Warhammer Online folder. Then run the Launcher, select war.exe when it asks you to and you're done.

Step 3: Create An Account and Login

Register an account on this website, and verify the email address. The account username and password will be your login details.

Step 4: Playing

There is only one server (Martyr something), and we are playing Order (High Elf, Dwarf and Empire). You can make Destruction alts on the same server, but be aware there is an 8 hour cooldown between logging out of one faction, and into the other; this neuters espionage for RVR events (in theory).

Note 1: The Guild

We don't have one right now, you need 6 players in a group to visit the capital city (Altdorf) to found one. I'll arrange founding one asap. This guild is NOT restricted to GWRS members, so feel free to sucker in friends and family just for the experience.

Note 2: Content

It's a private server so not everything works. There is only 1 PVP battleground (scenario) right now called Nordenwatch (albeit it was the best one). I believe only Empire/Chaos are the only areas finished, so eventually the other race zones will be added. Mythic couldn't hand over all the files, so developers are having to rebuild the game from sniffed packets; think of it this way, they have all the lego bricks and need to put them together to make the same model.

Note 3: VoIP

Teamspeak will be required for some content like dungeons, it's a death sentence without it - this is not like WoW (see below)

Note 4: This Isn't WoW

This isn't WoW, the game is harder and is designed around PVP. There is a ton of story driven quests and Public Quests (open world dungeon things - they're super badass, the first Dark Elf one has you fighting a Sun Drake), but they're all accessible to the other faction for ganking. The game discourages high levels ganking low levels in a hilarious way, if you enter a zone thats for toons 20 levels lower than you then you get morphed into a chicken with 1 HP (A zombie chicken if you're Destruction). 

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#2 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:16 PM

I do have an inbuilt microphone into my Laptop so that should work =)

As I said in the other thread I'll start the download tomorrow. =D

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#3 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

Sorcerer Supreme of the Thousand Sons

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:24 AM

Gonna Download it.

Will probs run it on lowest quality, That should help. But I am guessing If can play WoW and LoL, I should be able to run this.

Two Giratina are better than one.

Posted Image

Thanks to Astral Shadow of Serebii for the Signiture

#4 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:02 AM

Gonna Download it.

Will probs run it on lowest quality, That should help. But I am guessing If can play WoW and LoL, I should be able to run this.

Yeah WAR is a fairly old game, 2008

cruSig2.jpg

#5 ebonybrotherhood

ebonybrotherhood

Blood Thirsty Psychopath

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:11 PM

wait this is free?

How could my Chaos Space Marine possibly be this cute?

#6 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:56 PM

I'm having a problem with downloading through the ISO link, it will take me to the page and only say Starting but will not tell me download speed or estimated time to completion.

Any idea how to fix this?

Torrent works but its download speed is much worse than what it is supposed to be downloading...

Fuck it I'll just use Utorrent regardless of it being slower. Better late than never I guess.

Edited by dx144, 15 June 2014 - 07:06 PM.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#7 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:55 PM

wait this is free?

Yes. Official WAR was shut down 15th December and GW gave permission to the community to recreate the game as long as they don't profit from it. End result is it's not 100% working but it's free

I'm having a problem with downloading through the ISO link, it will take me to the page and only say Starting but will not tell me download speed or estimated time to completion.

Any idea how to fix this?

Torrent works but its download speed is much worse than what it is supposed to be downloading...

Fuck it I'll just use Utorrent regardless of it being slower. Better late than never I guess.

No idea DX, I just linked from their various threads and make 1 instruction thread from you lot. I'd imagine it was buffering the file

cruSig2.jpg

#8 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:44 PM

Well I use the local Internet place because I live in the countryside so the government put community spots that has faster Internet speeds than people's houses. Started instantly at home but when I decided to download with a faster speed at the local community spot it didn't start.

Might be something to do with it being a government put in spot.

I should have it running tomorrow at some point though =)

I'll just continue playing Titanfall or Ryse for tonight =D

#9 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:40 AM

More Dx problems here, when I use the Return of Reckoning Launcher it keeps on telling me .NET Framework Initialization Error what have I done wrong? D=

Never mind I went onto their forums and there was a similar problem someone had and I just needed to get a more up to date version of .NET Framework. =)

Edited by dx144, 16 June 2014 - 12:25 PM.

#10 ebonybrotherhood

ebonybrotherhood

Blood Thirsty Psychopath

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:18 PM

I got it, it all works, but the lag is UNBEARABLE and unplayable. 

#11 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:21 PM

Meh, seems fine to me...

#12 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:03 PM

That's really weird Ebony. It works fine for the rest of us

Where about in the UK do you live, near-something and rural/urban will do, don't need town names unless you don't care. Also please run www.speedtest.net and www.pingtest.net to the following places; New York, San Fransisco and Berlin. I want to try understand if it's your connection before dealing with the development team

cruSig2.jpg

#13 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:37 PM

They did say they recently took down the servers but they are back up now and apparently the servers are a bit laggy with a few more people coming online. 

#14 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:45 PM

Yeah I just found that post

cruSig2.jpg

#15 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:11 AM

Still I'm launching Age of Reckoning now since the USA/Ghana match is over.

#16 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:16 AM

Just remember not everything works, but it's still fun to stab and chop

cruSig2.jpg

#17 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:21 AM

What else would I know how to do ;)

#18 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

Sorcerer Supreme of the Thousand Sons

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:01 AM

I havent downloaded mine yet. Havent got round to it. Will do soon though.

Two Giratina are better than one.

Posted Image

Thanks to Astral Shadow of Serebii for the Signiture

#19 ebonybrotherhood

ebonybrotherhood

Blood Thirsty Psychopath

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

I made a chaos guy, but I will make a order character soon, its just I have a very large bias towards anything Chaos.

#20 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:57 PM

I also prefer Chaos but Elves take a much higher priority than anything Chaos has and Dark Elves are just silly...

Except in Blood Bowl I don't need a team that can't stand up to Orcs or Chaos!

Edited by dx144, 17 June 2014 - 05:04 PM.

Change Theme!