5 replies to this topic

#1 Darkanis

Darkanis

Black Cardinal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:36 AM

Welcome to my step by step painting of my Empire Greatswords. I'm not starting this step by step with the basing and black priming of the models. To prime my models I use GW Chaos Black thinned with water.

Step 1: Paint all the skin areas on all models. I'm using Reaper Master Paints Tanned Skin Shadow as my basecoat.
Spoiler

Spoiler

Step 2: Paint the armor and weapons. I'm using GW Boltgun Metal thinned with Flow Aid as my basecoat.
Spoiler

As we can only post three pictures per post I will continue this step by step Saturday with steps 3&4.

Posted Image

#2 Darkanis

Darkanis

Black Cardinal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

Here's a couple of pictures showing the whole unit with painted metals. You'll notice that I am not using any gold in this army, the reason for that is I see this army as the veterans from the Ostland raids into Norsii lands. These men are hardened warriors and shun decoration. The army as a hole is known as the Crimson Guard. More pictures of the next couple of steps will be posted soon.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted Image

#3 Bayard

Bayard

night lord tactical

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

I have some empire great swords my self but I like to paint them in the colors of the rich state of Averland which is black and yellow. I wish I could figure out how to post pictures so I could show u. My core units I have painted in the colors of Ostland
Night Lord tactical of Death Claw

#4 Darkanis

Darkanis

Black Cardinal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:30 PM

Did you highlight the black? I was going to do my own colors but Ostland is just calling to me lol. You have to upload your pics to a hosting site like imageshack.com then use the direct link under their share option. You then copy the direct link and click on the little box that looks like it has a mountain inside of it above the text box. Paste the link in the pop up box and your good to go. I'd like to see what you've done with yours.

Posted Image

#5 Darkanis

Darkanis

Black Cardinal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:11 AM

I miss placed the camera so Steps 3, 4, 5, &6 are in these pictures.

Step 3: Paint all leather areas dark brown. For this I use Reaper Master Paint Muddy Brown.
Step 4: Paint first color for one side of the cloth. Make sure you use two or three thin layers of paint. For my models I'm using a blue and white color scheme so I start with Reaper Master Paint Breonne Blue.
Step 5: Paint second color for the cloth. I am painting white over a black primer so I am using a very light grey as my shadow color. Make sure if you do this that you use several thin layers over the black until there is no black showing through. Before anyone say's something NO you don't get a better white using a white primer. I've tried and it just ends up looking chalky. The color I am using is Reaper Master Paint Misty Grey. It is so light grey that it almost looks white. It makes a perfect shadow for white as dark grey looks retarded.
Step 6: Paint the shadow color for the base. I am going for a mountain base with snow. My shadow color for this is GW's Adeptus Battleship Grey.

Here are a few pictures with steps 3-4 complete and 5-6 in progress. There is one picture with all steps complete.

Spoiler

Spoiler

And if you haven't noticed I've changed my army to a Middenhiem army. I was rereading Empire and it got me thinking, plus my school colors are blue and white so I'm going with it.

Posted Image

#6 Darkanis

Darkanis

Black Cardinal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:51 AM

Sorry guys I had some house guests over for a few days so I didn't get any work done on my Greatswords over the weekend. I will be doing some work on them tonight and through the week. More pictures will be coming soon.

Posted Image

Change Theme!