#1 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

CHARACTER RULES [MUST READ]

As the setting of this RP section already has a lot of established lore about it, prosperan and myself would like to establish some rules, which all characters must adhere to. These rules are to safe guard the fluff that has already been set up, ensuring that the RP can stay true to it's roots and provide a rigid, but fun, playing experience for the players

- Firstly, this section is set in the midst of the horus heresy, with some of the legions only just deciding where their true loyalties lie. The corruption of chaos among the legions is beginning, but not yet fully established. As such demonic possession is strictly forbidden, as it would not have yet taken place large scale

- Trying to make a character from one of the two lost legions is strictly forbidden. This is as their primarchs and the legions themselves have very little fluff associated with them. While it would be interesting to see where members of the community could take the myths, it would betray the adherence to the established lore, and therefore will not be allowed.

- similarly, the primarchs are already known in the universe, and established lore-wise. No player is permitted to create a primarch as a character, and while there may be some interaction with a primarch in the course of the RP, declaring a character as a personal favourite of a primarch is forbidden, as is trying to play as already named and established characters such as garviel loken, or abbadon.

- Psyker powers have been forbidden by the council of Nikaea, on the edict of the emperor. While legions such as the thousand sons have powerful psychic powers, the edict of the emperor is currently enforced, and the astartes must not use such power. Therefore for now, the use of psychic powers must be limited.

On a better note:

- feel free to create a character who may doubt where their allegiance lies. A character that does not know whether to honour their primarch or the emperor will add fantastic depth to the section

- Use of more interesting technology is permitted. The mechanicus is in the height of technology, having recovered many STC systems, and therefore the forge worlds can still currently produce many things that 10,000 years after the heresy they can no longer produce. Please note however, that such technology must be mentioned in the horus heresy lore

Finally for all players, the official sources of the lore in this section will be drawn from the horus heresy books, that myself and prosperan have read and discussed, or other than that the warhammer 40k wiki or the lexicanum.

Spoiler

This planet is a graveyard - care to join me? 

#2 Prosperan Son

Prosperan Son

Grand Apostle Narak of the Word Bearers

• Elite Member
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:02 AM

We have some specific request, that we encourage you to heavily consider.

1: Do not post single sentence post. It aggrivates DMs like my and Harvey to no end when we make a three to four sentence post and we get 1 sentence in response.

2:Act Mature. This speaks for itself.

3:Stay informed. Do your best to stay informed and up to date on the Great Crusade/Horus Heresy era informations, classifications, and ranks. For Example, know that there were no Commissars in the time of the Heresy, but Discipline Masters that acted in the same function. This goes a long way.

4: Patience: Both myself and Harvey moderate/DM for two other Roleplay Sections, so be patient if we do not respond immediately. The more you pester us about updates, the less likely we are to update you sooner.

Change Theme!