#1 Lord Commander Archael

Lord Commander Archael

Chapter Master

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

Heya guys, just wondering if anyone else suffers when using the sniper rifle. Many, many, many times I've had 100% dead-on target shots not register as hits. These have been on stationary targets and playing a single-player mission, so no lag to worry about. I was wondering if it was just me but I spoke to one of my guys earlier and he said he'd experienced it too.

The aim is off also... I can line up a shot then aim down the sight, only to find that the target is nowhere near where I'm now aiming.

So anyone suffering this? I'm seriously about ready to ditch the sniper role altogether and be one of the shotgun sheep.

Posted Image

#2 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

I have to disagree with the majority and say that I really like sniping in the game. It reminds me of sniping in games such as Star Wars Battlefront, and in Timesplitters.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#3 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

It's an MMO shooter, not an MMO so there is tweaks such as skill level and so on involved. When combined with latency, even mild latency, this makes for the occasional missed dead-on shot. I'd imagine it's worse for me in NZ playing on US servers, but I'd also imagine it's not completely eliminated by camping on top of the physical server either.

It's why I swapped to Semi-Auto

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#4 Danguinius

Danguinius

Chaplain

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:38 AM

I've had this. Also shooting the sniper from the hip doesn't seem to do ANY damage?
Posted Image

Blood Angel since 1992

GamerTag: DanFZ604

#5 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

Well simply put the scope lies you may think you have a dead on headshot but I've noticed that the crosshair turns read when it is near the target and not just over it; not to bad for assault rifles but when you are sniping at medium to long range it makes it really damn hard to pull of a headshot.
The solution I've found to this problem is to but the sniper scope mod at iron demon ranch it changes the way the scope looks so that it no longer changes colour when it is over a target its hard to get used to but when you do you will no longer have a problem with the scope lying to you.
Posted Image

#6 Commander Mongo

Commander Mongo

Lord Commander: Death Korps of Krieg

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

The solution you seek is revealed!

I love snipers now, but more to the point the scope system for all weapons is a bit askew.
The reason is, it's bass ackwards.. Meaning if a scope says it gives a + to accuracy, it's going to make it less accurate, and the opposite is true for when it says -.
Example:
+.30 to accuracy is actually - 30% to accuracy
-.30 to accuracy is in fact + 30% to accuracy.
I'll post the link I found explaining this later, but I've tested it and it stands true.

#7 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

Which means those mods I bought giving + 30 accuracy are actually hindering me, and the scrip is wasted?

I cannot oblige Pony.

#8 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

So it's like Borderlands then? Stuff like -50% reload speed is a good thing and etc.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#9 Commander Mongo

Commander Mongo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

Basically yes

#10 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

Looks like I have some de-modding to do.

Damn it Trion...

I cannot oblige Pony.

#11 Lord Commander Archael

Lord Commander Archael

Chapter Master

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

Hmm, I suppose having the weapon stats affecting your accuracy might be what the issue is - but that is very unfair when you take the time to line-up a perfect headshot, only for it to completely miss. I've had it happen 2-3 times with a dead-on shot and it finally connects on the last one. Surely the mod wouldn't affect the accuracy by THAT much, would it?

I'll give it a try though, as I do love sniping and tbh, I've not enjoyed the other weapons anywhere near as much... doing 6k damage on a cloaked shot is awesome :)

Posted Image

#12 Commander Mongo

Commander Mongo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

6k on a crit? My friend we need to talk...
What sniper are you using because I can get up to 10k (20k on hulkers) on my crits.
But to you first statement, yes it can cause a total whiff. Think about it, 20 to 30% deviation on a target that small at range = a lot of missed shots.

Change Theme!