13 svar till detta ämne

#1 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 inlägg

Postad 27 april 2013 - 05:48

Anyone have anything more to say about this game that isnt stated in ths IGN review here:

http://www.ign.com/a...review-xbox-360

From the beta this seemed to be my impression of the game (which is why i havent commited the 60 bucks to it). There just seems to be an overall lack of content and replayability. Pvp may be fun for a little while, but i got tired of it even in the week long beta. And, without non consentual world pvp (which most if not all mmos offer), it just adds to the lack of content aspect. Additionally, ive heard it described as Borderlands with other people running around and some pvp.

Anyone have anything strong to say as to why it may be worth dropping the 60 bucks for? Im really debating getting it as some friends have it, but i cant justify the cost. I was really excited about this game when i first heard about it and watched the trailer. It also was quite a bit of fun while playing during the beta but got stale pretty quickly. Hopefully someone has some insight into something im overlooking, because it at least initially seemed really awesome.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 27 april 2013 - 10:18

Having not read the review (lack of free time), but guessing the content, I would agree with your assessment.

Shadow War makes this game worth it, it alone exceeds the replayability of Space Marine (on paper, everyone has differing preferences). As the series continues more content will be released and there are 5 free DLC packs over the next 12 months; each will add an equivalent level of story content to what is there now, and about half the extra content. DLC packs are free, but there are premium features (such as new skins, races and boosts but not game changing things).

If you are happy with the games you have right now, and are not being left behind by colleagues in the xDAx (or other clans) on Defiance, then I would recommend you do not purchase it until after DLC Pack 1 in May/June. With the first DLC pack there will be roughly more playable content (not counting extra time grinding out achievements and shit) than most new on-market games.

My personal experience with the game (even on PS3 without people to play with) has been net positive, I have thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay, story, extra-content. I have sunk nearly 40 hours into it so far and have about a third of what I can do right now done.

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 571 inlägg

Postad 27 april 2013 - 10:29

Well as you stated it is basicly like borderlands to the point were if you liked borderlands then you will like this and the campain content isn't that great that said there are a load of co-op missions (4 player) that are realy fun and they have changed the arkfalls abit there are still the single small ones but there are also several bigger ones were that have a boss battle at the end also if you have friends that play it regurly then it is realy fun (I find that late game doesn't scale well in single player)

Also I got the game less than a week ago and have sunked about 40 hours into it (just saying)
Posted Image

#4 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 inlägg

Postad 27 april 2013 - 01:56

Yeah I heard that Shadow Wars and Coop missions were good, but I dunno I guess I was expecting more from an MMO. I played WoW for a couple years, and what kept me going was raid content, rep grinding, overall competition on a PvE scale, and Arena PvP. That even got old after a couple of expansions, which is why I don't play that game anymore.

I don't doubt that it is fun and engaging, but I never really got into the story during the beta. The only thing that kept me going was the PvP, but I even got tired by the end due to the lack of balance between guns. I still might wind up getting it based on the hours the game gives, but I might just save money for the SC2 Expansion that I never bought or the new XCOM game coming out soon.

Thanks for the feedback though.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#5 Paladin Xenos

Paladin Xenos

For The Horde!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 373 inlägg

Postad 27 april 2013 - 02:02

The game is great in my opinion. i remember reading this review that summed it up for me, it said that defiance is a player game, not a critic game. the people who play have fun with it and have fun with what they have, but if your going to nit pick at the little things like what every game reviewer website does, then wtf is the point of playing videogames anyway? you got to realize to that, even though this game has been released, its still technically in its beta phase and another thing, trion has expressed many time before that this game is a TPS before it is a MMO. Defiance has a good future ahead of it, it is way worth the $60 and will keep you entertained. don't listen to IGN or gamespot, those guys are assholes, make judgments for yourself rather than having to be told what you should like or shouldn't like.
Posted Image

#6 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 27 april 2013 - 10:03

One critical thing to remember is this is a new breed of MMO, they abandoned the principles set by FFXI (which WoW then copied) to head in a new and fresh direction.

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#7 DTdante2787

DTdante2787

I will never be a memory

• Interrogator
  • 1 886 inlägg
  • Xbox Live:dtdante2787
  • Steam:nightlorddante
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Postad 28 april 2013 - 01:19

I dunno...I know everyone is playing it and enjoying it, but it just doesn't grab me honestly. Granted, I haven't tried it, but not really feelin' spending money on what I have seen

Besides facial features and skin tone, can you customize your character further (hair color, eye color, etc)? If I'm gonna get an MMO, I'd like to change more than just basic stuff

raptor_by_artimac-d4xg7cccopy_zps5623e7c

#8 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 571 inlägg

Postad 28 april 2013 - 01:48

yes you can although it doesn't tell you that well. When you make a character it is in the top of the sceen you have to cycle through it with left and right bumpers.
Posted Image

#9 Lord Commander Archael

Lord Commander Archael

Chapter Master

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 193 inlägg

Postad 28 april 2013 - 04:46

I get how some people can snub this game and how others can compalin about not having any variety in the game... but tbh, it's more like they're finding reason NOT to like it, rather than just sitting back and enjoying the ride.

Sure it can get repetitive but that's where the challenges, the multi-player game-types and the co-op missions come in. There's always something to do in the game that will keep you interested and as stated many times before, it's only getting started. :)

Posted Image

#10 Danguinius

Danguinius

Chaplain

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 280 inlägg

Postad 28 april 2013 - 05:11

I was bored of it after playing for about an hour. It wasn't until I got on with my buddies and diversified my game a bit. It's not the best game I've ever played, but I'm glad I HAVE played it.
Posted Image

Blood Angel since 1992

GamerTag: DanFZ604

#11 GK MadMan

GK MadMan

brother of the legion of the damned

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 362 inlägg

Postad 28 april 2013 - 06:03

They should make a waehammer version of this it be awesome then.

their armour was coloured black and upon it was drawn chilling images of bones and fire, and on their helm they bore skulls... Like the bones of men in the torment of purgatory they were, and yet not a sound did they make... 

#12 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 inlägg

Postad 28 april 2013 - 06:11

I get how some people can snub this game and how others can compalin about not having any variety in the game... but tbh, it's more like they're finding reason NOT to like it, rather than just sitting back and enjoying the ride.

Sure it can get repetitive but that's where the challenges, the multi-player game-types and the co-op missions come in. There's always something to do in the game that will keep you interested and as stated many times before, it's only getting started. :)

I'm not snubbing the game, i'm just stating what I've read online, experienced during the beta, and heard from a friend. I was just looking for opinions of people who had something on the contrary to say about the game. I'm sure you're all having a blast with it, but for me I think i'd get bored with it within a couple of weeks. Compared to other MMOs it is severely lacking in replayability, which is where the draw is. I guess i'll take another look at this game once more content is released (hopefully including some sort of non-consentual world pvp, because having to queue for world pvp is lame).

#13 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3 926 inlägg

Postad 28 april 2013 - 06:18

Enter Dark Millenium. IIRC that was the aim of the project (at least initially) to make a 40K MMO. Sadly it never made it though.

#14 Lord Commander Archael

Lord Commander Archael

Chapter Master

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 193 inlägg

Postad 29 april 2013 - 09:41

Was talking about just this last night with a few of the guys. It'd be awesome. Unfortunately though DM got canned as a MMO and I would be surprised to see it surface at all now.

Posted Image

Change Theme!