#1 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 02 februari 2013 - 07:30

http://www.mcvuk.com...l-story/0110180

“Unfortunately, the mistakes that were made long before I joined, like the incredible losses attached to uDraw, massive wasted capital in the unpublished MMO that was cancelled, sticking with children's and casual titles far after mobile and tablets had killed the business, bad, late, or otherwise inferior titles like Homefront, and a generally haphazard and inefficient approach to deal making, left the company with too much negative hanging on its books.

Cancel being MMO -> Shooter downgrade here

The rest of the bids were less surprising. Sega just about beat Bethesda to claim Relic for $26.6m. Relic is responsible for the Dawn of War and Company of Heroes (pictured) strategy titles, which ties in nicely with Sega’s Creative Assembly and Sports Interactive PC developers. In fact, Sega has recently acquired the Warhammer licence, while Relic had developed titles based on Warhammer 40,000. As a result, Sega is tipped to acquire the 40,000 licence, too.

Reading further down, VIGIL (DM and SM) were stripmined for other companies and their projects canned.... bummer!

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#2 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

Bearer of the Redemption of St. Sulech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 260 inlägg

Postad 02 februari 2013 - 09:53

why is this a bad thing? segas got it now. segas not going under anytime soon.
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#3 Brother Chewy

Brother Chewy

Marine

• Interrogator
  • 916 inlägg
  • Xbox Live:Vakarian58
  • Steam:SN Vakarian

Postad 02 februari 2013 - 09:57

Well im only sad cause thq was one of my favorite gaming companys
but segas got this
Posted Image

#4 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 02 februari 2013 - 10:04

why is this a bad thing? segas got it now. segas not going under anytime soon.

I liked the idea of Dark Millennium. However I do think in the grand scheme of things this move is good for us

cruSig2.jpg

#5 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • Others: Community Manager
  • 1 368 inlägg

Postad 02 februari 2013 - 11:11

Creative and Sega has it's hands is major titles like Total War and Colonial Marine. If they make a new DoW game that functions like Total War, my life is over and I will exist only in my room.

Posted Image

"I scar my armor so that you may know, for I am a Templar of Blood."

#6 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 2 367 inlägg

Postad 02 februari 2013 - 11:16

Creative and Sega has it's hands is major titles like Total War and Colonial Marine. If they make a new DoW game that functions like Total War, my life is over and I will exist only in my room.

That would be awesome! Could you imagine defending an imperial fortress or hive against an entire ork waaagh? Or you could do a set up of the wars of Armageddon!

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#7 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 02 februari 2013 - 09:13

That would be awesome! Could you imagine defending an imperial fortress or hive against an entire ork waaagh? Or you could do a set up of the wars of Armageddon!

If it were to have Multiplayer we could reenact the entire 13th Black Crusade and see if our heretics can do better!

cruSig2.jpg

#8 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9 552 inlägg

Postad 02 februari 2013 - 09:39

Collapse of THQ

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

START THE FIREWORKS!!!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#9 DusteirTax

DusteirTax

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 513 inlägg

Postad 03 februari 2013 - 12:37

I just pray if and when sm 2 comes out its third person style game play stays i dont think i can handle a first person shooter as a sm :(
I allow the madness in but the difference between you and me is i dont let it take over. mostly

#10 Eon SilverWulf

Eon SilverWulf

Just another day in paradise.

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 322 inlägg

Postad 03 februari 2013 - 02:03

Well thats a bummer, i was really looking forward to another red faction game. I have been a fan of them since the very first one ^.^

Now if sega made spacemarine 2 i would hope it be a bit like binary domain, it may not be the greatest game in the world but its enjoyable and challenging but i would like to see more of an incorporation of squad based games with either voice chat or manual based commands or even an auto-command structure, now that would be something, so you can enjoy the game like a regular 3rd person shooter. Another aspect would be being able to choose a squad to go with you on your adventure, it would intensify the game battle wise and employ some strategic elements into the game. Ultimately what i would like to see is full customization of your charecter in campaign. All this would make the game epic on all praportions, in my opinion that is, :P

P.S. if words are not spelled correctly im sorry, its rather difficult not having a spell check on the xbox ;p

-Goranok

Former member of the Dark Angels 5th company

Former member of the Raven Guard

#11 DTdante2787

DTdante2787

I will never be a memory

• Interrogator
  • 1 886 inlägg
  • Xbox Live:dtdante2787
  • Steam:nightlorddante
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Postad 03 februari 2013 - 03:12

It's kind of a bummer THQ died instead of EA...that company is just evil (warning, following comment not for the faint of heart)
Spoiler

But Sega is a great company and they are more than capable of handling the 40k license

raptor_by_artimac-d4xg7cccopy_zps5623e7c

#12 Paladin Xenos

Paladin Xenos

For The Horde!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 373 inlägg

Postad 03 februari 2013 - 05:01

I had a feeling sega would get the warhammer license, their not a bad company, I can't wait to see warhammer go further in the right direction under their management.
Posted Image

#13 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9 552 inlägg

Postad 03 februari 2013 - 11:22

It's kind of a bummer THQ died instead of EA...that company is just evil

Fortunately that might become a reality, EA's not doing too well financially at the moment.

EA dying would be the greatest thing since the death of Hitler... And arguably a great comparison.

I personally hate THQ, it started when they rushed the release of Soulstorm which killed the game, and not giving Space Marine the time and commitment it needed, like dedicated servers. If they hadn't rushed its release we'd be playing as Librarians damn it!

And then Darksiders 2 and Dark Millennium being cancelled as an MMO was the last disappointment I was willing to put up with from them, so Im glad they're gone.

Im still upset Bethesda didn't win Relic, it would've been interesting what games they could have made with them. Imagine it, a Total War style Elder Scrolls game! But hopefully Sega will buy the 40K licence and let Relic continue making 40K games.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#14 Eon SilverWulf

Eon SilverWulf

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 322 inlägg

Postad 03 februari 2013 - 11:55

well with the fall of ea what will the world do with no more madden or fifa games (could care less :P) but what would really be sad to see go is the crysis, army of two, and dragon age games go with them. i enjoy these games made by them and i dont want them to do down with them T.T

-Goranok

#15 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • Others: Community Manager
  • 1 368 inlägg

Postad 04 februari 2013 - 10:58

Bioware wouldn't let EA take one of it's flagships. They already saw how they ran The Old Republic into the ground.

Posted Image

"I scar my armor so that you may know, for I am a Templar of Blood."

#16 Eon SilverWulf

Eon SilverWulf

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 322 inlägg

Postad 04 februari 2013 - 12:17

well to be honest but bioware somewhat ruined the mass effect series all by themselves because of the ending of the third game, overall they are a pretty good company but they make mistakes to

-Goranok

Change Theme!