Photo

Storm of Iron. Best astartes book ever?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Is Storm of Iron the best astartes book written? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

Is Storm of Iron the best astartes book written?

1. Yes (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. No (5 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

3. Perhaps (5 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

Vote

#1 Cypher 1013

Cypher 1013

Raven Wing 2nd Company battle brother

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:29 AM

I have read almost ever astartes (chaos or loyal) style book in the black library. In my humble opinion storm of iron is the best astartes book ever written. I would like to hear if you agree or not and which book you think is the best and why?
Stoopid fuqing rools.
Awesome ends with me.

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:43 AM

I'm going to have to go with one of the Space Wolf novels, not sure which, but they are all pretty amazing.

Never read Storm of Iron - it's about Honsou isn't it?

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:59 AM

It's honsous origin urs ruthless, very well made

sent from the gothic sector

Oh sanctuary...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Rp
cainsig11.jpg

#4 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:02 AM

It's pretty damn good. But for best? I reserve the spot for now. I love alot of astarte books.

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#5 Corman2030

Corman2030

Crimson Fist Liaison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:06 AM

I did very much enjoy Storm of Iron but I seem to remember one of the main characters being captured at the end and not ever finding out what happened to him. I thought he would turn up in another book but never did. Does anyone recall who I'm talking about? I want to say it was an Imperial Guard.

Posted Image

"If Death is Victory, how Afraid of Life can we be!"-OH, SLEEPER

#6 Cypher 1013

Cypher 1013

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:03 AM

I did very much enjoy Storm of Iron but I seem to remember one of the main characters being captured at the end and not ever finding out what happened to him. I thought he would turn up in another book but never did. Does anyone recall who I'm talking about? I want to say it was an Imperial Guard.

They show up in dead sky black sun if Im not mistaken.
Stoopid fuqing rools.
Awesome ends with me.

#7 Cypher 1013

Cypher 1013

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:11 AM

I'm going to have to go with one of the Space Wolf novels, not sure which, but they are all pretty amazing.

Trust me, it is worth the read. I've read the Space wolf novels and really enjoy the Ragnar Blackmane character (Dont tell dern. Us Dark Angels have an old rivalry with the wolves;) )
Stoopid fuqing rools.
Awesome ends with me.

#8 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

Trust me, it is worth the read. I've read the Space wolf novels and really enjoy the Ragnar Blackmane character (Dont tell dern. Us Dark Angels have an old rivalry with the wolves;) )

Did you forget? There's a Space Wolf novel where he becomes named as a friend of the Dark Angels. Your ass is covered!

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#9 Draco Ny'ade

Draco Ny'ade

Forgefather

• Interrogator
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

i would nominate (out of the few i have read) Firedrake - it really pulls the empathy out - or Promethean sun (i know its technically a short but its awesome all the same)
Posted Image

#10 Corman2030

Corman2030

Crimson Fist Liaison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

[quote='airknight' pid='22831' dateline='1334398266']
[quote='CruciasNZ' pid='22800' dateline='1334371406']

[/quote]

Thankyou, Sir. now I recall.

Posted Image

"If Death is Victory, how Afraid of Life can we be!"-OH, SLEEPER

#11 Cypher 1013

Cypher 1013

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

Did you forget? There's a Space Wolf novel where he becomes named as a friend of the Dark Angels. Your ass is covered!

LOL;)
Stoopid fuqing rools.
Awesome ends with me.

#12 Brother Aries

Brother Aries

Chaplin 3rd company

• Members
  • Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

a good book..... But it is not the best. i reserve that for the space marine battle novels. as far as astartes
the best book as far as WH40K goes is Only in Death.
I am become death. The destroyer of worlds.

#13 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

I would have to vote Soul Hunter or the Horus Heresy novel Mechanicus or the Grey Knight omnibus, they are at the top of the list in my oppinion but Ive fell behind in my black library reading so the new ones may be better as you suggest.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#14 Brother Aries

Brother Aries

Chaplin 3rd company

• Members
  • Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

I would have to vote Soul Hunter or the Horus Heresy novel Mechanicus or the Grey Knight omnibus, they are at the top of the list in my oppinion but Ive fell behind in my black library reading so the new ones may be better as you suggest.

I am become death. The destroyer of worlds.

#15 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

It was good, but many books are at the top for me. The first 3 HH, Fulgrim, SM Battle Books, and to many others to name. A good book though.

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#16 ogreninja

ogreninja

dark sorcerer of the night lords

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:44 AM

it was guardsman hawke and he gets taken off the world by the good guys. there are alot of great astartes books out there though for both chaos and loyalists theres just tooooooooooooo much choice for me lol

Posted Image

formidonis per obscurum

give them nothing, but take from them everything

#17 Brother White

Brother White

Forge Master of the Crimson Fists

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

I really like Flight of the Einstein.

Sent from The Righteous Truth, Battle Barge of the Third

#18 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:16 PM

I don't believe that a 'best' can ever be attributed to any one Astartes novel, as the Warhammer Universe has an added element to most other books, and that's the fact that they do not stand alone. For example if two books were written that were equally awesome and one was Ultramarines and the other Raven Guard. Crucias would say the Raven Guard one was better, because he has opinions on those chapters outside of the book.

I for one feel all of the Astartes books are great, and in almost every case each new one is just as amazing if not more so than the ones that came before each in their own way.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#19 Brother White

Brother White

Forge Master of the Crimson Fists

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

I don't believe that a 'best' can ever be attributed to any one Astartes novel, as the Warhammer Universe has an added element to most other books, and that's the fact that they do not stand alone. For example if two books were written that were equally awesome and one was Ultramarines and the other Raven Guard. Crucias would say the Raven Guard one was better, because he has opinions on those chapters outside of the book.

I for one feel all of the Astartes books are great, and in almost every case each new one is just as amazing if not more so than the ones that came before each in their own way.

(starts slow clap, and stands... no response, sits down slowly with an awkward smile on his face)

Sent from The Righteous Truth, Battle Barge of the Third Company of the Crimson Fists

#20 Cypher 1013

Cypher 1013

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

(starts slow clap, and stands... no response, sits down slowly with an awkward smile on his face)

Sent from The Righteous Truth, Battle Barge of the Third Company of the Crimson Fists

LOL:P
Stoopid fuqing rools.
Awesome ends with me.

Change Theme!