#1 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 25 augusti 2016 - 02:28

http://wccftech.com/...nt-gets-paused/

So they're releasing EC for PC on September 23rd, and breaking their promise regarding console launch.

Pretty much called that one but still disappointed - this will dilute the console community even further, with even more people ending up on PC instead of the console version as this is not the sort of game fans wait patiently for.

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#2 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

Sorcerer Supreme of the Thousand Sons

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2 438 inlägg

Postad 27 augusti 2016 - 11:32

Bigger issue with this is the fact the game is no where near finished. They are going to release it and have it reviewed in the condition its in, its only going to gut the potential player base and kill the game. So much that was promised has yet to appear and it is really setting the potential of this game back.

From what I have heard, Console releases should be about 2 months after the PC release, for optimization purposes, but I really wouldn't get your hopes up. 

I can only hope this ends up like Destiny, and it gets better over time

Two Giratina are better than one.

Posted Image

Thanks to Astral Shadow of Serebii for the Signiture

#3 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 27 augusti 2016 - 10:22

Planetside 2 was somewhat similar upon release, it took a few months to iron kinks out and deliver as promised. 

Unfortunately it could also die and the console version permanently cancelled. They raised a crap ton of money through the PC access packs, which was added to their financial backers contribution, if they've not managed to deliver on the core components that is highly alarming. They didn't have a launch date stated, so declaring one now in a half finished state reeks of cashflow problems. 

I have more hope for Deathwing at this point, but we'll see how the ball rolls. 

cruSig2.jpg

#4 J0ker2610

J0ker2610

Supreme high sorcerer

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 1 131 inlägg
  • Xbox Live:J0ker2610
  • PSN:Vader2610
  • Steam:Joker2610
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Postad 29 augusti 2016 - 02:56

It's really not in the state that you picture it. It may not be in a finished state but from what I've seen there is enough time left to make it happen.

The guy pushing this project along was a member of the team who made eve, he has already said that the smile idea of a launch date doesn't apply here, the game will almost never be finished but to get the content they currently have into a releasable state, they have enough time left.

I also understand that your saying that if there is a bad release then attraction to the game will be much lower and the player base may not rise to high enough levels but I'm not sure that will happen. Personally I would play this game now without any other changes and with just under a month of development left it can only get better.

The console push back was expected but only when they announced that they needed more time to attempt to make it a cross platform game. This does seem like a small lie but as they have said it will give them a chance for console beta before release as getting good length betas before a 23rd September release with a complete game would have been hard.

If they do get cross platform like they say they are trying for then things may be looking up for the game, if not I still believe that the release will be just as everyone expects from a warhammer 40k title release.
Posted Image

#5 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 30 augusti 2016 - 02:44

It's really not in the state that you picture it. It may not be in a finished state but from what I've seen there is enough time left to make it happen.

The guy pushing this project along was a member of the team who made eve, he has already said that the smile idea of a launch date doesn't apply here, the game will almost never be finished but to get the content they currently have into a releasable state, they have enough time left.

I also understand that your saying that if there is a bad release then attraction to the game will be much lower and the player base may not rise to high enough levels but I'm not sure that will happen. Personally I would play this game now without any other changes and with just under a month of development left it can only get better.

The console push back was expected but only when they announced that they needed more time to attempt to make it a cross platform game. This does seem like a small lie but as they have said it will give them a chance for console beta before release as getting good length betas before a 23rd September release with a complete game would have been hard.

If they do get cross platform like they say they are trying for then things may be looking up for the game, if not I still believe that the release will be just as everyone expects from a warhammer 40k title release.

Can you get us a source for the cross-platform comment? I read the press release (in more places than I linked) and it didn't mention that.

cruSig2.jpg

#6 J0ker2610

J0ker2610

Supreme high sorcerer

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 1 131 inlägg

Postad 31 augusti 2016 - 09:07

I can't get you a readable source because it was on their twitch streams that are know on YouTube on their channel, in one of the recent weeks, I'd go and look at the past 3, the producer talks on stream about their plans for pushing the console release back and about how they will use the time to negotiate for cross platform compatibility.
Posted Image

#7 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1 304 inlägg

Postad 10 september 2016 - 07:34

I am hoping that this is a game that can hold it's player base well, considering that since space marine has died off we really do need a game set in the 40K universe that we can all go crazy in! 

This planet is a graveyard - care to join me? 

#8 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9 552 inlägg

Postad 11 september 2016 - 02:10

Having played a bit on the recent version I get the feeling Bandai is forcing a release date, it's not gonna be ready in 12 days.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#9 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1 304 inlägg

Postad 15 september 2016 - 09:16

Having played a bit on the recent version I get the feeling Bandai is forcing a release date, it's not gonna be ready in 12 days.

This is sad news indeed then, I  have a feeling that pushing the game out before it is properly ready might mean the death of it... hopefully it wont mean that other companies wont turn to the warhammer 40K universe for future games though 

This planet is a graveyard - care to join me? 

#10 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9 552 inlägg

Postad 23 september 2016 - 08:48

Actually working farily well right now, don't know if Eldar are still OP as fuck yet though.

Posted Image

#11 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 26 september 2016 - 11:17

Actually working farily well right now, don't know if Eldar are still OP as fuck yet though.

Well if that's the case hopefully the console versions won't be as far behind as we've been predicting

cruSig2.jpg

#12 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9 552 inlägg

Postad 26 september 2016 - 11:53

Well if that's the case hopefully the console versions won't be as far behind as we've been predicting

Oh it's gonna be WAY off if they ever intend to add all the features they sold people on. The game is nowhere near finished and should still be considered early access forced to release by Bandai. I'm just talking about the current build of the game is rather enjoyable to play.

Posted Image

#13 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 28 september 2016 - 06:05

Oh it's gonna be WAY off if they ever intend to add all the features they sold people on. The game is nowhere near finished and should still be considered early access forced to release by Bandai. I'm just talking about the current build of the game is rather enjoyable to play.

Well if you remember Space Marine was rather half baked as well and (lag aside) it was awesome fun. The current feature set of EC looks enough to sustain a fanboy community the same if not better than SM did.

I guess the core of the issue would be - have they released character gearing and progression, and if so will they be wiped on full launch? That's a real turn off but I suspect a non-issue right now.

cruSig2.jpg

#14 J0ker2610

J0ker2610

Supreme high sorcerer

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 1 131 inlägg

Postad 29 september 2016 - 07:51

Again watch live streams. This is the full launch therefore for computer players there will be no more wipes, and they have already addressed the issue of the game not being what was promised. When they had a shuffle up in the office last year the lead of the game left and the current one Nathan came in, he changed the direction of the game as the original direction was too much to start with, also the tech system they were going to use didn't live up to expectations, I believe.

Also there is a customisation system in the game for all factions, they have a progression system for sure on space marines, chaos, and orks but I have never seen them click on the progression page for eldar, but a presume there is one. The next expansion in the sense of new content will be two handed weapons and the characters who wield them, terminators, chaos termies, ork nobs, no info on eldar equivalent yet, come up with your own guess I suppose. Of course as far as I know also at the end of each week there will a patch fixing issues.

Much, much, later down the line they have stated there may be a game mode where fighting in a planet side 2 style with 4 factions would happen but they aren't sure, they would do this to make better use of the world map, lobby matches would give their team an advantage or progress the fight for the people fighting on the planet side 2 styled game mode. However they still aren't sure they'll make this happen and it isn't their primary direction for the game anymore. For know take it at face value just bearing in mind the first expansion with the two handed weapons and big guys and any issues will get patched, unlike space marine.

Redigerat av J0ker2610, 29 september 2016 - 07:59 .

Posted Image

Change Theme!