4 svar till detta ämne

#1 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1 304 inlägg

Postad 20 juni 2016 - 04:22

so it's the small hours of the morning for me - and with uni assignments and exams a distant (biter, cursed) memory and my creativity in full swing I had probably one of the most insane ideas that I have ever had... 

I need a personal project, and my own forays into fallout 4 got me thinking... 

how cool would it be to have a replica of a pipboy that had some kind of limited functionality? 

Now the idea is there, I can't help but wonder whether this is just a wacko idea or whether it would actually be worthwhile to pursue it... afterall it would make an awesome prop for cosplaying at a con! 

This planet is a graveyard - care to join me? 

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 20 juni 2016 - 06:22

so it's the small hours of the morning for me - and with uni assignments and exams a distant (biter, cursed) memory and my creativity in full swing I had probably one of the most insane ideas that I have ever had... 

I need a personal project, and my own forays into fallout 4 got me thinking... 

how cool would it be to have a replica of a pipboy that had some kind of limited functionality? 

Now the idea is there, I can't help but wonder whether this is just a wacko idea or whether it would actually be worthwhile to pursue it... afterall it would make an awesome prop for cosplaying at a con! 

I believe they made one that works with Samsung phones. Dock the phone into the pipboy and the app works via network with the game itself. 

Really awesome they did something like that :D

• Warmonger gillar detta

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1 304 inlägg

Postad 20 juni 2016 - 06:31

I have seen that! and I will admit that it would definitely be on my bucket list of things that I *need* to buy... 

I was thinking of doing something along the same lines, 3D print custom casing and then produce an app that would mimic some of the basic functionality... 

OR

still 3D print custom casing, but using some kind of microcontroller type deal (arduino is a good call here) design custom functionality. Advantages of this is that it would be far easier to add buttons and lights to the actual casing that could actually control the system, rather than purely being aesthetic

#4 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9 552 inlägg

Postad 20 juni 2016 - 08:27

[spoiler=Or go for my personal favourite method:]

n7yyK80.jpg

[/spoiler]
  • Warmonger gillar detta

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#5 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1 304 inlägg

Postad 22 juni 2016 - 03:42

hahaha I love it! 

Change Theme!