NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 inlägg
  • Xbox Live:NinjaJohnno

Postad 30 mars 2015 - 10:29

Hi guys after some advise please.

I now have the cash to upgrade to an X1 but should I wait a little longer? And see if the price drops a little.

I can't see anything on next gen that really makes me want it, I still play Destiny and it seems a little silly to upgrade for the sake of one game.

Also if I upgrade does my XBL sub all port over to the new console?
Super Bolter ftw

#2 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1 320 inlägg
  • Xbox Live:The Warmaster82

Postad 30 mars 2015 - 11:32

It seems 350 is as low as it's going to get for a while unless you buy used. Also your XBL does roll over to your Xbox one. Also there are a lot of cool games coming out for next gen, such as the witcher 3, halo 5, rise of the tomb raider, etc. there may not be a lot of good games for it right now, but it's what the games they can potentially do with this new console that counts
Purge the heresy with the Emperor's fire of retribution. Destroy the mutant against the anvil of his wrath. Exterminate the xenos with the courage of humanity.

#3 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 inlägg

Postad 30 mars 2015 - 12:18

I would also imagine that at some point Microsoft will cut off support for the 360.

Nintendo did with the Wii
Super Bolter ftw

#4 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5 680 inlägg

Postad 30 mars 2015 - 12:58

Doubt 360 will be cut off anytime soon, a lot of games for 360 which haven't been moved over and it would be middle finger to their community. Although that does sound like something Microsoft would do to try and push people towards the One...

The One personally I feel there aren't many good games. You've got a few gems but expectation is far too high then the games seem less than what they're supposed to be like. Also I'm not seeing any really good games coming out soon. I'm still just looking out for a new Mass Effect, Fallout or Elder Scrolls... I really should look for something new but all they do is disappoint me because of hype people attach to games =/

Also with Eternal Crusade coming out if you don't have a good enough computer to run it I'd recommend getting an Xbox One to play EC when its released other than that depends on which games you play...

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#5 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 inlägg

Postad 30 mars 2015 - 02:04

That other WH40K game, Deathwing? looked like it had potential.

Another question, is the standard X1 a 500gb HD as standard? with some 1tb specials kicking around?

I am still playing Destiny at the moment as well, really managed to push my way into doing well in the Crucible, top 11% for KD and top 6% for max number of kills in one game, so I am pleased with that.

I am assuming there are loads of red bar godmode players on the X1 as well?

Redigerat av NinjaJohnno, 30 mars 2015 - 02:06 .

Super Bolter ftw

#6 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 30 mars 2015 - 05:38

Microsoft will raise the development fees for the Xbox 360 while offering incentives for the Xbox One. Once critical game development drops below a threshold they will have already set they'll use it to announce the decline and therefore retirement of the 360, Sony will do the same with the PS3. Nintendo have a really weird elitist policy towards gamers so you can't use them for comparison here. 

A lot of people forget the X1 has a USB 3.0 port that supports 2 TB external HDDs, and you can get those cheap off Ebay whereas history has shown official upgrades in storage for Xbox and PS3 costs you a kidney. 

I would say if you can afford the Xbox One it would be worth buying it. The 360 was $350 for years and the current price of the Xbox One with MCC is $349. There are some good games, both indie and major developers, and some diabolical ones just like any other console. Personally I would recommend the following:

• Strike Suit Zero
  • Halo MCC
  • Neverwinter
  • Warframe
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
  • Dragon Age Inquisition
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  • Borderlands: The Handsome Collection

and mention the following upcoming games:

• Final Fantasy 15
    • Has coop main story btw
  • Halo 5
    • October 27th
  • Star Wars: Battlefront
    • Q4
  • EC
    • Sometime 2016 obnoxiously late compared to PC
  • Space Hulk: Deathwing

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#7 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 30 mars 2015 - 06:28

(Also moved to the Xbox forum where it belongs)

Just found this over breakfast: http://www.windowsce...-spring-preview

Apparently Blood Bowl 2 is coming in (NA) Spring 2015

cruSig2.jpg

#8 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 inlägg

Postad 31 mars 2015 - 05:36

Cheers Cru, so getting the 500gb one and getting a 1tb external hd to upgrade is doable?

To be honest I was looking at the MMC collection local store has that for £330 with Ori? And Destiny.

Also I heard rumour you can port your toons from 360 to XB1 for Borderlands?
Super Bolter ftw

#9 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 31 mars 2015 - 06:10

Cheers Cru, so getting the 500gb one and getting a 1tb external hd to upgrade is doable?

To be honest I was looking at the MMC collection local store has that for £330 with Ori? And Destiny.

Also I heard rumour you can port your toons from 360 to XB1 for Borderlands?

It's not an upgrade, you cannot upgrade the internal drive at this time. You can EXTEND the storage using external drives. Just making sure there's no confusion :)

Ori is supposed to be really good, and Destiny is alright but it's really a glorified demo of the destiny engine, it's extremely light on content and the back of your cornflakes box has more story (unless you actually read the Destiny Bible on their website).

Do not know about porting, would be very interested as my BL2 toon is near the end of the game

cruSig2.jpg

#10 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 inlägg

Postad 31 mars 2015 - 07:44

Ah ok it's extra storage either way which is good, makes me less inclined to pay extra for the 1tb console.

I think I will go for the MMC one with Ori and Destiny, I have Destiny on my 360 so I know the games many failings but I live in hope.

I will pay a visit to the local store and hopefully be up and running by the weekend.
Super Bolter ftw

#11 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 31 mars 2015 - 09:28

Ah ok it's extra storage either way which is good, makes me less inclined to pay extra for the 1tb console.

I think I will go for the MMC one with Ori and Destiny, I have Destiny on my 360 so I know the games many failings but I live in hope.

I will pay a visit to the local store and hopefully be up and running by the weekend.

360 and Xbox One Destiny servers are linked I believe, so you can keep going with your existing characters. We should totally organize a GWRS MCC event sometime, Griffball tournament anyone?

cruSig2.jpg

#12 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 2 367 inlägg

Postad 31 mars 2015 - 10:02

Count me in for griffball mate

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#13 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 01 april 2015 - 03:49

Count me in for griffball mate

I'll get on arranging one. We need to find out who has MCC and would like to play, we need 10/12/14/16 people

cruSig2.jpg

#14 NinjaJohnno

NinjaJohnno

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 inlägg

Postad 01 april 2015 - 12:34

ok got MCC, Forza, Ori & Destiny, not a bad haul, all from selling my old Iphone, in fact it funded pretty much the whole thing.

Super Bolter ftw

#15 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 01 april 2015 - 06:12

Selling iPhones is the best thing about them, they retain their price and don't depreciate as much. 

Halo MCC Day thread -> http://www.gothicwar...7-halo-mcc-day/

cruSig2.jpg

Change Theme!