20 svar till detta ämne

#1 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5 680 inlägg

Postad 14 juni 2014 - 07:55

Don't know if anyone has been watching it but I've been pretty distant with football in the past but for some reason I feel drawn to watch every match I can. Currently watching Uruguay and Costa Rica play but I did miss most of the match of Brazil vs Cameroon.

England's first match will kick off in about two hours though and I intend to watch and hope England beat the Italians like they did before in 1943!

Regardless I'm sure it will be a good watch and I'll have a pint of Cider (or a few more) in my hand =D

Redigerat av dx144, 14 juni 2014 - 07:57 .

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 14 juni 2014 - 08:24

I'm trying to follow it but because of timezones the games are at really really weird times

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5 680 inlägg

Postad 14 juni 2014 - 08:38

Yeah the Time Zones must be kind of annoying for you but you're 12/11 hours ahead so England will play at about 11am for you while for people in England its 11pm... Not too much of an issue for me as I work in a local pub so the world cup is always on if I'm working =D

Although I can't remember who is playing but its at 2am the match after England vs Italy.... I will probably watch that match as well =)

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#4 Draco Ny'ade

Draco Ny'ade

Forgefather

• Interrogator
  • 2 208 inlägg

Postad 14 juni 2014 - 09:11

What a game from Costa Rica...

Posted Image

#5 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5 680 inlägg

Postad 14 juni 2014 - 09:21

I missed a bit of it but was pretty good. Bit mean at the end of Uruguay booting Costa Rica's play right in the leg. I usually see most Footballers as pussies for basically looking as if they had just been shot when they fall over but that I could agree yes he did proper boot him...

Good game though 3-1 to Costa Rica is pretty damn good as Uruguay is supposed to be a pretty good team compared to Costa Rica.

Still that should help England as we're playing Uruguay on Thursday. Not quite sure on the time though.

The smashing Spain got last night though from the Dutch probably isn't going to be forgotten anytime soon =D

#6 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 14 juni 2014 - 10:44

Brazils own goal first goal was funny

• dx144 gillar detta

cruSig2.jpg

#7 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2 367 inlägg

Postad 14 juni 2014 - 10:51

COME ON ENGLAND!
  • dx144 gillar detta

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#8 An_A10_Pilot

An_A10_Pilot

Shenanigans Master!

• Premium Member
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 1 006 inlägg

Postad 14 juni 2014 - 10:57

I watched the Dutch Spain game it was hilarious. Spain looked they were drowning and didn't know which way was up. But my goodness, the Greece game today was BRUTAL! I think every player on the field had at least a yellow card.
Posted Image

"Sweet Tap-Dancing Night Lords, Batman!"

#9 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5 680 inlägg

Postad 14 juni 2014 - 11:07

Yes the look on the Brazilian player's face was "Did that just actually happen!?"

England doing pretty well, first three minutes looked like we were almost one up! Was a fucking close shot. 1 all at the moment but the fat lady hasn't sung yet!

The Dutch game was getting pretty brutal on the Spanish. 5 - 1 when you're supposed an equal team is just bad no matter who you are. I missed a bit of the Greek game I think. I feel a little bit bad for them, massively in debt, have little control over their own country and didn't even win their first world cup game =/

COME ON ENGLAND!

FUCK YES FUZZY! Just wish I had some Strongbow at home =/

#10 palin2004

palin2004

Chaos Lord Sorcerer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 inlägg

Postad 15 juni 2014 - 07:49

Just watched Mexico and Cameroon, they played dirty and the ref's so far this Cup are running around with their thumbs in their ass. Brazil shouldn't have won vs Croatia either.

9JeXAbU.jpg

Do not wonder those who are good without God, Pitty those who need God to be good.

#11 palin2004

palin2004

Chaos Lord Sorcerer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 inlägg

Postad 15 juni 2014 - 07:57

Oh and GO GERMANY !!!

9JeXAbU.jpg

Do not wonder those who are good without God, Pitty those who need God to be good.

#12 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5 680 inlägg

Postad 15 juni 2014 - 08:46

Well I missed the France vs Honduras game unfortunately as I'm out but doubt it was that interesting as the French were involved...

Still a 3-0 victory for France is pretty good. I did check the score at I think 27 minutes in and it was still 0-0.

I intent to watch the Argentina vs Bosnia and Herzegovina match. Need to make sure those damned Argies don't win and mainly because my Laptop will be too busy doing downloads and I can't play Xbox and watch TV. Well I could if I sorted out my Xbox One I could but fuck it. =P

The Refs are being a bit slow especially in the Mexico game where it was I think three goals were disallowed due to being offside when they were borderline offside or not offside at all.

Bit disappointing from England's first game but they did play pretty well but at the time I think most people's anger was directed at them, personally I think if they tried a little more teamwork rather than going for glory we might have won but when in that situation not quite sure how we'd all react. If Rooney passed it instead of going for glory and lost the chance to score we would have probably all complained at him for that but what is done is done just gotta hope they play better on Thursday =) 

I did also miss the Japan vs Ivory Coast game as I was playing Mount and Blade until 3am then fucked off to Titanfall will 7am...

#13 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5 680 inlägg

Postad 16 juni 2014 - 11:09

Well the Germany vs Portugal game was a fucking beating for Portugal, losing 4-0 then having a player sent off because he was too damn aggressive and looked as if he was attempting to start a fight with Germany.

Iran vs Nigeria was quite a boring match not much happened for either side and ending with a 0-0 which for Iran isn't too bad as apparently they rarely do manage to snatch a victory or a draw and they haven't had a team in the world cup or another kind of world sport for some time so its nice to see some newish teams to the pitch.

USA vs Ghana is well quite surprising, not because US isn't known for playing Football but scoring within 30 seconds from kick off is impressive, perhaps US were just really good or Ghana were pretty sloppy at first and needed time to heat up, they have had a player removed from the pitch due to another hamstring injury which I really think should be address I think three players have now had Hamstring injuries which takes some time to heal from which means they will not play again in the group stages which to be honest is just depressing as the World Cup is only every four years and to go there and be removed in the first match due to an injury must be heart breaking for the player.

Not much else interesting has happened except for US have a player who isn't a damn pansy who can't take a hit as he was hit in the face by a players leg (Unintentional), had his nose bloodied goes off to be checked by the US's doctors then comes back on while I'm sure other players would have been left out cold from the way they act when they are tackled... I thought the US would win but I didn't expect a goal within the first 30 seconds. I probably shouldn't say that as I might have jinxed it as its only 4 minutes into the second half.

Redigerat av dx144, 16 juni 2014 - 11:11 .

#14 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5 680 inlägg

Postad 17 juni 2014 - 12:04

US vs Ghana turned out to be a much more intense and exciting match near the end with Ghana scoring an equalizer in the eighty-second minute then USA rushing back into the lead with a goal in the eighty-sixth minute.

Its been a close match but the US just managed to get a win against Ghana as they had some good attempts near the end but was a good win for the US regardless of no one scoring for eighty minutes after the US scored in the first minute but that isn't exactly a bad thing as they managed to defend all that time. The extra five minutes of Stoppage time were a constant back and forth with Ghana getting so close to scoring an equalizer again.

Tomorrow/today games are:

Belgium vs Algeria

Brazil vs Mexico

Russia vs Korea Republic

None seem that interesting but I wouldn't mind watching some of them.

#15 palin2004

palin2004

Chaos Lord Sorcerer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 inlägg

Postad 17 juni 2014 - 01:04

Good to hear about Germany, got that and the USA game recorded. Gonna watch it later hopefully.

9JeXAbU.jpg

#16 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9 552 inlägg

Postad 17 juni 2014 - 08:39

What a game from Costa Rica...

When I heard about it I said I'd support them because I like their coffee...

[spoiler=Other than that the closest thing I've done to football is this:]TdrOvy8.png[/spoiler]

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#17 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 17 juni 2014 - 08:47

[spoiler="Football Cru Style"]

sokker_684x243.jpg

[/spoiler]
  • JC 042 gillar detta

cruSig2.jpg

#18 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5 680 inlägg

Postad 17 juni 2014 - 09:19

Wait, how do you get it out of the goal without getting your tank stuck? =P

#19 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 17 juni 2014 - 09:21

Wait, how do you get it out of the goal without getting your tank stuck? =P

When you score (or an own goal is scored) the ball teleports to the midfield after a countdown timer. Tanks are invincible but you can track them temporarily in the name of strategic douchebaggery

cruSig2.jpg

#20 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9 552 inlägg

Postad 17 juni 2014 - 09:27

When you score (or an own goal is scored) the ball teleports to the midfield after a countdown timer. Tanks are invincible but you can track them temporarily in the name of strategic douchebaggery

My favorite kind of stratagem.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

Change Theme!