23 svar till detta ämne

#1 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5 680 inlägg

Postad 01 juni 2014 - 01:34

Just wondering if anyone wants to play some Arena mode. I'm not that great but I do try... Might just need some practice. I have almost complete the campaign on Legendary now though.

The time I would like to play would probably be at about 00:30am GMT  or a bit later as I know my connection will be best at that time and no one else will want the TV or anything. =)

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 02 juni 2014 - 02:26

I just picked this up and clocked the campaign. Not dived into multiplayer yet due to it's lack of allure and lack of time. Is it a co-op PVE against waves of shit, or a competitive to the death?

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5 680 inlägg

Postad 02 juni 2014 - 11:45

Fight Barbarians and complete objectives. Bit repetitive but I find enjoyable. =)

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#4 J0ker2610

J0ker2610

Supreme high sorcerer

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 1 131 inlägg
  • Xbox Live:J0ker2610
  • PSN:Vader2610
  • Steam:Joker2610
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Postad 02 juni 2014 - 01:34

If I'm ever online then I'll play it dx. I've only tried it once but it does look rather fun.
Posted Image

#5 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 02 juni 2014 - 07:16

So it's like the bit before the Commodus fight then?

cruSig2.jpg

#6 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5 680 inlägg

Postad 02 juni 2014 - 10:21

Yes. Although fighting Commodus was a bitch.

You'll always be fighting Barbarians and never Pretorians or other Romans. Would have liked to fight a few Pretorians from time to time. 

Well is there a day/time anyone would be up for playing some Ryse Son of Rome.

Redigerat av dx144, 02 juni 2014 - 10:23 .

#7 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1 320 inlägg
  • Xbox Live:The Warmaster82

Postad 05 juli 2014 - 10:57

I'm thinking about getting it, is it worth it?

Purge the heresy with the Emperor's fire of retribution. Destroy the mutant against the anvil of his wrath. Exterminate the xenos with the courage of humanity.

#8 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5 680 inlägg

Postad 05 juli 2014 - 02:29

Questionable. I'd say it is for single player but the campaign is a bit far fetched and the gameplay is highly repetitive but if you ask me enjoyable.

I know graphics don't make the game great but Ryse Son of Rome's graphics are incredible, just wish they had more character outfits as all of the enemies look very similar rather than what an army of Barbarians would look like as they probably wouldn't have uniform standards and all of them look the exact same. That disappointed me about another hyped next gen game =/

The campaign is pretty fun though, didn't last that long though. The online could have been better rather than just fighting Barbarians but overall I'd give Ryse Son of Rome a 7 for how long it kept me interested and from the amount I enjoyed it. If you watched someone else play it wouldn't look that fun but when you play it then you'd probably enjoy it more =)

#9 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 05 juli 2014 - 08:28

If you can get it second hand for next to nothing go for it. If you pay full price hell no

cruSig2.jpg

#10 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1 320 inlägg

Postad 12 juli 2014 - 02:08

I just got it and finished the campaign, I must say the combat and executions are fantastic and the storyline wasn't all that bad. Multiplayer is a bit repetitive, but it is entertaining. If only there was the option to throw your sword into the stands and scream "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!" ;)

Purge the heresy with the Emperor's fire of retribution. Destroy the mutant against the anvil of his wrath. Exterminate the xenos with the courage of humanity.

#11 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5 680 inlägg

Postad 12 juli 2014 - 03:17

Well the storyline if you know Roman history is a mockery of Rome's history. The fact Boudicca has an Elephant and the Celts are in Rome alone make me begin to facepalm... Then with the Emperor dead no descendants and then with no one to return Rome to order as the Senate were too afraid to do anything and anyone to rally them died in the attack makes me wonder how Rome ever recovered after that as their show of power and dominance would have been crushed. Although I cannot remember who was the last nation/army to sack Rome. I think the Vandals and Goths sacked it. That was during the time when the Romans split into Eastern and Western Empires with their own Emperors. Usually worked together but usually failed as their superiority over Barbarians dwindled. Most of their weapons and armour over the years had eventually been given or taken by the Barbarians.

Also sometimes to save Roman lives they'd train the Barbarians to fight with their own tactics which backfired when they sacrificed Barbarians which pissed off their leaders who eventually took a stand against the Romans and because the many Roman advantages were lost they couldn't beat the Barbarians hordes. Sometimes did but would have also cost them too much to do that.

But it was a fun campaign though if you get past the mockery.

Taunting can be useful to keep your combo going inbetween rounds. I thought the executions are good but the effects were shocking. If I cut off someone's arm blood should be everywhere and that is what I would've liked to see, blood everywhere to the point Khorne rises up in the Arena gives you Gorechild and you continue to kill people and then there is more blood. Would have captured the brutality of that time much more if the effects were better.

More weapons than a Gladius and Shield would have been nice, Spears, Axes, Scythes, Hammers and all those other fun weapons and also more enemies like Greeks, Egyptians, Carthaginians and other similar non-barbarian enemies. Added in more playability...

I did find some of the taunts funny like "Prepare to eat shit, Barbarian." Especially when you finish a taunt and start slashing them down. 

Also how many perfect hits do you get as most people I've played with get like two or three. I think I might be godly as I got to the point almost all my hits were perfectly timed. Only problem was my Executions weren't legendary as often as I'd like. Especially on the 7 execution combos. =/

#12 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 12 juli 2014 - 08:33

It was a good campaign while it lasted. While grossly historically inaccurate, it was very pretty and well done. 

Traded it and Titanfall in today for Assassin Creed 4 though, didn't feel it had any replay value

cruSig2.jpg

#13 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5 680 inlägg

Postad 12 juli 2014 - 01:08

Most replay value is to have the accomplishment of completing the game on the hardest difficulty and finding collectibles, the comics, vistas and scrolls. I will admit that it is a nice campaign though.

I've probably said this before but the RPGs for Xbox One are pretty depressing at the moment. Just need Mass Effect 4, Fallout 4 or a new Elder Scrolls games.

#14 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 12 juli 2014 - 09:23

Most replay value is to have the accomplishment of completing the game on the hardest difficulty and finding collectibles, the comics, vistas and scrolls. I will admit that it is a nice campaign though.

I've probably said this before but the RPGs for Xbox One are pretty depressing at the moment. Just need Mass Effect 4, Fallout 4 or a new Elder Scrolls games.

Dragon Age

cruSig2.jpg

#15 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5 680 inlägg

Postad 12 juli 2014 - 09:28

Available for Xbox One? I'll probably take a look if its been released but I've never played Dragon Age before.

#16 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1 320 inlägg

Postad 16 juli 2014 - 06:32

I saw dragon age, that looks good, but you know what looks fantastic: The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt

#17 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5 680 inlägg

Postad 16 juli 2014 - 11:41

Never played it, I do play Ryse from time to time just to fight a bit, I'm only level 35 though.

That being said I am going to get the last few collectables on Ryse soon as I have only about 10 to find. Just means I've got to redo most levels except the last and second last level.

#18 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1 320 inlägg

Postad 16 juli 2014 - 02:15

I'm trying to get to tier six as well as getting through the campaign on legendary.

#19 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5 680 inlägg

Postad 16 juli 2014 - 02:32

Campaign on Legendary is pretty easy, there are bits which is annoying like fighting Commodus as when an enemy does a power attack they give off no indication so you might not realise this guy is about it hit you and its unlikely you'll be able to block.

That is the one thing I haven't really got the hang of, blocking power attacks. I always press A too early or too late. =/

#20 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1 320 inlägg

Postad 16 juli 2014 - 03:21

Yea I know, Ive just been evading and shield bashing until the execution icon shows up, it works pretty well, except when i have more powerful units against me then I pick off the weaker enemies and then focus on the more powerful ones so I can evade without worrying about the other guys.

Also does anybody know if you can get the sword from campaign in multiplayer or at least the same type of sword, I find myself disappointed in the those shorter more flimsy gladiuses 

Redigerat av Brother Agatone, 16 juli 2014 - 03:30 .

Change Theme!