14 svar till detta ämne

#1 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 5 482 inlägg

Postad 16 april 2014 - 06:50

Im so so so so so mad that Bungie did this, Marty O'Donnell is quite possibly the best game composer in the industry, he has made so many iconic songs for games ESPECIALLY Halo, in my opinion his music is what helped to make that game so great. Lets hope that O'Donnell finds a new home at a studio that better likes his talents, 

this move really struck me as a surprise considering not only is O'Donnell an amazing composer but he is in the middle of making Destiny, why would they get rid of him like this, specifically the board of directors chose to terminate his contract. 

http://www.engadget....ired-by-bungie/

Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 16 april 2014 - 10:56

He was terminated by a board of directors. That means he did something to grossly violate his contract. Now it's been dragged onto social media it's only a matter of time till Bungie tell us all what he did.

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

• Acolyte
  • 5 482 inlägg

Postad 17 april 2014 - 01:46

yeah that would be nice considering O'Donnell is quite the respected member in the industry for his compositions, plus he has been there since 99 so i mean its not like he is a new guy, they said they parted as friends but i guess we will see in time 

Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#4 An_A10_Pilot

An_A10_Pilot

Shenanigans Master!

• Premium Member
  • 1 006 inlägg

Postad 17 april 2014 - 01:50

Woah. That is nuts. Marty has been with them since the first Halo. I wonder what he did. For the board of directors to get involved is extremely serious. Yes, it's maddening, but temper that with the knowledge that he most likely did something to get that pink note. Maybe he developed a god complex from doing such exemplary works. 

I too am saddened to hear this happened though. I own the sound tracks to bot Halo 1 and 2 because they are badass. Hopefully destiny wont be too hurt by this. 

Posted Image

"Sweet Tap-Dancing Night Lords, Batman!"

#5 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

• Acolyte
  • 5 482 inlägg

Postad 17 april 2014 - 02:33

Maybe 343 will bring him on for Halo 5?

Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#6 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 2 367 inlägg

Postad 17 april 2014 - 08:29

I hope he did something epic like take a shit on his bosses desk or wack-off into a co-workers coffee... If it turns out he just had an argument I will be sad.

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#7 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

• Acolyte
  • 5 482 inlägg

Postad 17 april 2014 - 11:53

More than likely it was an argument over how the score should go, i dont see him doing anything else other than that 

Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#8 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 18 april 2014 - 08:00

I would place my money on it being he was holding the Destiny score to ransom. My way or the highway, so they fired him

When people do such a good job repeatedly they can get a god complex as Pony said

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#9 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2 367 inlägg

Postad 19 april 2014 - 12:58

Yeah, no one goes for the scat option. It's sad really...

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#10 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

• Acolyte
  • 5 482 inlägg

Postad 22 april 2014 - 01:25

yeah it is, i hope they keep his work in the overall score, i know the music wont be as epic without him but i hope he finds a new home in the industry, his music cant be denied for how awesome it is 

Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#11 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9 552 inlägg

Postad 22 april 2014 - 08:49

i hope he finds a new home in the industry, his music cant be denied for how awesome it is 

Working at Bethesda co working with Jeremy Soule. Eargasms everywhere XD

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#12 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

• Acolyte
  • 5 482 inlägg

Postad 22 april 2014 - 06:38

Yeah that would be thebomb.com 

Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#13 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • 5 680 inlägg

Postad 22 april 2014 - 07:33

Jeremy Soule's work is possibly the best game soundtracks I've ever heard. I still listen to the Total Annihilation soundtrack now and then.

Brutal Battle, Warpath and The March Unto Death are probably my favourites. Probably heard Martin O'donnell's work but I don't have any that I listen to like I do with Jeremy Soule's music.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#14 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

• Acolyte
  • 5 482 inlägg

Postad 23 april 2014 - 03:50

Jeremy Soule's work is possibly the best game soundtracks I've ever heard. I still listen to the Total Annihilation soundtrack now and then.

Brutal Battle, Warpath and The March Unto Death are probably my favourites. Probably heard Martin O'donnell's work but I don't have any that I listen to like I do with Jeremy Soule's music.

If you have played halo at any point in your life you have heard the music of Marty O'Donnell DX 

Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#15 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • 5 680 inlägg

Postad 23 april 2014 - 12:23

As I've said I've probably heard some of his work but I don't listen to it outside of Halo.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

Change Theme!