One more space marine

Imperial Fist 1st Company Battle Brother

• Members
  • 37 inlägg
  • Xbox Live:TTD0Mindosa (no live)
  • Steam:Sergeant_Jesus
  • Social Groups:Imperial Fists

Postad 25 januari 2014 - 07:24

Title is a bit weird but I can only type so many words. What I mean is, why does everything not involving the direct authors from warhammer always include a different take on the world of the 41st millennium? I see comic books with chaos space marines being held back by a force of no more than 12 guardsmen, orks who cant tell a human from a grot, and the list goes on. I want to see works where everything is as it should be. The world of Warhammer is brutal and rightly so; why do people have to change things to suit their story? You can have the same god damned outcome by following canon. Space marines and their heretical counterparts dont just fall over to lasgun fire; you cant draw a position being held and at the same time include an attacking force that ridiculously outmatches the defenders.

Reading the comic book "exterminautis" and it gets pretty silly, although I love to see Cadians handing it to chaos scum, a dozen chaos space marines are no laughing matter, bolters arent just heavier assault rifles, they are damn near rocket launchers. I want to see exploding cover and gimpy bits covering the battlefield. 

On a side note the art bothers me as well. It seems like every artist ( I am taking into account that everyone doesnt draw the same) has their own little "say-so" when they draw warhammer. Chaos space marines don't have armorless hands, Tau aren't ninja turtles, and Im damn sure baneblades aren't just bigger versions of lemon russ tanks. When does the madness end?

Redigerat av One more space marine, 25 januari 2014 - 07:26 .

BURN HERETIC- One more space Marine

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 25 januari 2014 - 08:00

Some novels are more realistic than others (Gaunt's Ghosts and Ciaphas Cain coming to mind). The thing is people want their protagonists to succeed; I'm pretty sure Game of Thrones is alone in merrily slaughtering its way through its own cast. GW needed to establish a coherency to stop the fracturing, yet they encourage it (*cough* Matt Ward *cough*).

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 Brother Chewy

Brother Chewy

Marine

• Interrogator
  • 916 inlägg
  • Xbox Live:Vakarian58
  • Steam:SN Vakarian

Postad 25 januari 2014 - 08:49

Yea, I've seen some things that are just completely filled with shenanigans. Tho gaunts ghosts is a great one for realist

Posted Image

#4 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 25 januari 2014 - 08:13

Just an FYI, Gaunt's Ghosts is written by Dan Abnett who based his works off Bernard Cornwells "Shape Series"; this series is known for it's historical accuracy (tweaks are corrected in a section at the back of the book), and it is often said you can 'smell the gunpowder'. That's why GG is so realistic, at least for a Sci-Fi.

BTW Dan Abnett wrote the script for a stand-alone marvel movie airing Q4 this year called "Guardians of The Galaxy"

• One more space marine gillar detta

cruSig2.jpg

#5 Iron K

Iron K

A Berserker's Soul in a Pacifist's Body!

• Premium Member
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 1 833 inlägg
  • Xbox Live:Iron K

Postad 26 januari 2014 - 09:21

Their making a Guardians of The Galaxy movie!? And Dan Abnett wrote the script!?!?

SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS, TO THE CINEMA!

Posted Image

#6 An_A10_Pilot

An_A10_Pilot

Shenanigans Master!

• Premium Member
  • 1 006 inlägg

Postad 26 januari 2014 - 09:32

Hmm. I always found that the Ciaphas Cain books seem to fall in line with the canon. As a commisar he is still terrified of khorne beserkers and runs  away from them. No im going to kill everything and FUR DA EMPEROR! That in addition to being pretty damn hilarious, it is and will remain to be my favorite book series.

• palin2004 och One more space marine gillar detta
Posted Image

"Sweet Tap-Dancing Night Lords, Batman!"

#7 ebonybrotherhood

ebonybrotherhood

Blood Thirsty Psychopath

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 167 inlägg

Postad 27 januari 2014 - 09:31

I am ok if its a one time moment of Rule Of Cool, but if its the whole book (CS.Goto, I am looking at you!) then I cannot continue reading. 

How could my Chaos Space Marine possibly be this cute?

#8 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 27 januari 2014 - 09:47

Hmm. I always found that the Ciaphas Cain books seem to fall in line with the canon. As a commisar he is still terrified of khorne beserkers and runs  away from them. No im going to kill everything and FUR DA EMPEROR! That in addition to being pretty damn hilarious, it is and will remain to be my favorite book series.

and when he breaks with cannon by killing things like Tyrants or Beserkers it quite clearly makes the sheer fucking luck of it apparent. Every character including himself and Amberly (as the narrator) remark on their surprise he lived

• One more space marine gillar detta

cruSig2.jpg

#9 One more space marine

One more space marine

• Members
  • 37 inlägg

Postad 07 mars 2014 - 04:52

I get that sometimes crazy shit happens, but shit like backflipping terminators is ridiculous; and can anyone give me insight as to why the IF are so hated? That space marine movie was bullshit. They like to throw away the fact that they all have energy shields just for the fuck of it.

#10 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 07 mars 2014 - 08:18

IF?

EDIT: Only just out of bed, figured it out. Basically because Dorn was a supreme tosser who acted like he was above all the rest and the Chapters have maintained the attitude of their primarchs

• ebonybrotherhood gillar detta

cruSig2.jpg

#11 ebonybrotherhood

ebonybrotherhood

Blood Thirsty Psychopath

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 167 inlägg

Postad 08 mars 2014 - 12:04

IF?

EDIT: Only just out of bed, figured it out. Basically because Dorn was a supreme tosser who acted like he was above all the rest and the Chapters have maintained the attitude of their primarchs

TOTALLY TRUE. CAN CONFIRM 100%. Being a big fan of Iron Warriors, I can tell you that Dorn was a massive dick to everyone and was also one of the emperor's  favourite children, allowing him and his chapter to TAKE THE IRON WARRIOR'S JOB, and be praised for 'being better at it' even though its implied that they are not.

How could my Chaos Space Marine possibly be this cute?

#12 One more space marine

One more space marine

• Members
  • 37 inlägg

Postad 11 mars 2014 - 07:08

Imperial Fists are the stalwart protectors of Terra and the Emperor scum. Rogal Dorn was a saint among men, Peturabo is of fickle will, and so fell to chaos to try to best one of the Emperors greatest chosen. Was it worth it?

#13 Lord Ariok

Lord Ariok

Chaos Lord

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2 772 inlägg

Postad 11 mars 2014 - 08:23

well he is an immortal demi god now soooo yeah :P

• An_A10_Pilot gillar detta
Posted Image

#14 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5 680 inlägg

Postad 11 mars 2014 - 04:51

Perturabo seems like a cool dude. Dorn is too I guess but he is kind of a dick to Curze at all possible times. Meets Curze and instantly acts like he is superior to Curze and the Night Lords when they are crusading together.

I mean Curze gets him back but seems pretty justified in my mind for why Curze dislikes Dorn. I never did get round to reading Angel Exterminatus which has Perturabo in so I don't have a massive understand of his personality but justs seems like a guy who wasn't given the credit he kind of deserved and always saw others being given titles and rewards he should of had just as much claim to or he was just a jealous prick who couldn't add up to his brothers. Who am I to know...

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#15 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 11 mars 2014 - 07:41

With the exception of Horus, Angron and now the Alpha Legion,  the fallen Primarchs all fell because of The Emperor.

• Perturabo - The Emp held up Dorn higher
  • Curze - Emperor called him a monster
  • Lorgar - Emperor shamed his entire legion infront of the smurfs
  • Magnus - Council of Nikea and The Wolfs being sent to Prospero *
  • Mortarion - Mortarion despised despots and tyrants because of his back story, The Emperors actions after making Horus Warmaster made him appear like the dictators Mortarion has spent his early life hating
  • Fulgrim - Allowing the obviously 'vane' primarch all the blitz and limelight
  • Kelbor-Hal - A Fabricator General and not a Primarch, but critical to the Heresy (built the daemon engines and Furious Abyss). The Priesthood of Mars (which The Emperor endorsed) considered innovation tech-heresy

*Yes I know Horus changed Russ' orders, but as with all the others The Emperor created the situation and made it possible for the fallen to exploit

I've listed the Alpha Legion as an exception because their 'new and improved' backstory has them loyal to that weird council of aliens trying to destroy Chaos by preventing it sinking its talons into humanity.

This is the tragedy of 40K; The Man who was humanitys salvation was also its damnation, and thanks to Horus the Imperium is now accelerating down a path of ruin The Emperor never intended it to go down (him not Magnus in the chair, religion of any kind, war with the eldar - Horus' doing btw)

cruSig2.jpg

#16 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5 680 inlägg

Postad 12 mars 2014 - 12:04

Yeah the Emperor is a dick...

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#17 An_A10_Pilot

An_A10_Pilot

Shenanigans Master!

• Premium Member
  • 1 006 inlägg

Postad 12 mars 2014 - 12:07

Hmmm. A dick.... perhaps. But I feel that even the God-emperor of mankind actually made human mistakes.

Posted Image

"Sweet Tap-Dancing Night Lords, Batman!"

#18 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10 192 inlägg

Postad 12 mars 2014 - 03:03

This is why I like the tyranids so much, no drama, no whole 'father and 12 sons' issues, or 'fuck you I'm the better son!' attitudes, they just go om nom nom nom!

• Fuzzy gillar detta

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#19 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5 680 inlägg

Postad 12 mars 2014 - 03:45

Why not Necrons who just killed everyone because yeah Necrons... Although haven't a lot of them now got personalities and stuff rather than all of them being silent....

#20 Lord Ariok

Lord Ariok

Chaos Lord

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2 772 inlägg

Postad 12 mars 2014 - 04:39

yeah they do they downloaded and ran fixthisshit.exe

Posted Image

Change Theme!