11 replies to this topic

#1 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

So it’s almost been a full year that our community has existed among the electrons that make up the internet. It’s been a long year, full of joy, humour, irony, anger and butthurt. We rose from the ashes of the Graia Crusade community and flourished, developing our own unique sense of identity and purpose along the way.

We started off in Space Marine, and slowly developed other passions such as Roleplaying, Transformers and recently Halo. With the declining popularity of Space Marine, coupled with it’s decent into rampancy from lag and glitch exploiting, the majority of play on that game has become confined to the scheduled chapter matches and tournaments. Casual play drifted off to different games, but with the coming of Halo 4 it has slammed back into one place.

When I got out of my exam on Wednesday I picked up my copy of Halo 4 and started the campaign, noting that about 50% of my friends-list has Halo4 listed as their last played game. A Day later that number rose towards the 90% level and Leaders here have approached me about representing their chapter on Halo 4 in an official capacity. Originally we had planned to make The Shadow Spectres the Halo 4 branch of the community, but the community has spoken in a deafening roar, and that roar is enthusiasm for a game that doesn’t lag and has squishy squishy PUGs.

As of the time writing this post, there are 7 chapters officially playing Halo 4 in an organized fashion and we expect that number to grow; Alpha Legion, Night Lords, Salamanders, Dark Angels, Imperial Fists, Thousand Sons, and of course the Shadow Spectres. We will be organizing tournaments and mash-up days on Halo to continue our proud tradition of beating the shit out of each other in the most violent ways possible; however we will still continue to support Space Marine, the stream of chapter matches and tournaments will continue as long as there is demand for them.

As for Space Marine tournaments, the current DLC and Champ ones are steaming ahead and some of the games have been impressively close. We're still quite far out from the end so both could go anyway right now. Once they get closer to concluding we'll start considering the next batch of tournaments, so if you have some cool ideas let me know - remember, practical, fun and even-chances are the key.

So on the 13th of November we turn 1 year old officially, and we shall celebrate by bashing all kinds of hell out of each other (next weekend)! We intended to run a Griffball tournament but they are having issues getting that playlist to work, if they cannot fix it in-time we will just do a variety of game-modes.

Stay tuned for more birthday celebration information throughout the week!

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#2 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

Sorcerer Supreme of the Thousand Sons

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

HUZZAH! FIREWORKS OF SOMESORT ARE GOING OF SOMEWHERE.

Two Giratina are better than one.

Posted Image

Thanks to Astral Shadow of Serebii for the Signiture

#3 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

Let's celebrate by strapping ponies to fireworks !

Oh sanctuary...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Rp
cainsig11.jpg

#4 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

Sorcerer Supreme of the Thousand Sons

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

NOSK! I SUMMON THEE!

EXPLOSIVE MAYHEEM IN BOUNDDDD

Two Giratina are better than one.

Posted Image

Thanks to Astral Shadow of Serebii for the Signiture

#5 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

Nosk enters,an obliviously happy go lucky look on his face, hey guys how's it going!...why do you have those fireworks?
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#6 Kokokacho

Kokokacho

Imperial Fists Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

I bought my fireworks in the form of an incinerator cannon. Enjoy, Nosk! :D

And also, im going to play around with forge and see how many Mantis' it will let me put on one map. Mech Assault halo-style anyone?
Posted Image

#7 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:46 AM

Straps pony to a firework

Oh sanctuary...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Rp
cainsig11.jpg

#8 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:03 AM

*starts singing firework by katy perry
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#9 Lord Ariok

Lord Ariok

Chaos Lord

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

*starts bashing head repeatedly on desk*
Posted Image

#10 Simonbarsinistr

Simonbarsinistr

Crimson Fist Ambassador To GWRS

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

Making the transition to also matchmaking halo games will be interesting. It's tough to know your level with such a huge player base. For SM being a dead game, it did make it easier to keep track of people, you would see them every day online. I remembered people's GTs better than I remember people I meet at work!
Brother Simon of The Crimson Fists II Company

#11 Kokokacho

Kokokacho

Imperial Fists Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

Yes, that it did. I remember constantly coming across the same groups of people at the same hours almost every night, lol. Can't think of one time I've recognized someone in Halo so far from a game I've played with them before, except for people who stayed in the same lobby after a game finished
Posted Image

#12 Simonbarsinistr

Simonbarsinistr

Crimson Fist Ambassador To GWRS

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

For sure! As much as is made of how small a following space marine had, it did lend itself to create a tighter knit community. Even if that community didn't always get along. But hell, families don't always get along!
Brother Simon of The Crimson Fists II Company

Change Theme!