• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 Orion Gallo

Orion Gallo

Meatshield

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:49 AM

Yes I know there are probably a million topics on this. But I have an original match up... If you can even call it that.
I will first of all say that Space Marines are my favorite humanoid warriors that any sci-fi universe has spit out to date. And recently my love for them drove me to draw up quite a controversial picture that a few of my friends are quite appalled by.
I sketched up a wicked picture of a Omega marine with a power fist on his right hand and a bolter in his other, he has a banner and hes shooting his bolt pistol. under his left foot is a spartan, and under him is a space marine from star craft. To the right of the terran solider is one of the Iconic power armored guys from fallout 3, and next to him is Samus with a giant crater in her face. In the space marines power fist is Iron man, his waste crushed and his blood seeping from the cracks of the power fists fingers. And desperately, a clone trooper hangs on to the space marines shoulder for dear life.
My friends think its trolling, I think its more then possible.
Thoughts?

Ill post pics soon.
"To the last man and the last round."
-Chaplain Orion gallo of the Omega Marines.

#2 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:53 AM

Well everyone has favorites they keep to heart and when they seem them get crushed, they react accordingly. But that sounds like one hell of a pic man!:D

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#3 Grimaldus

Grimaldus

Librarian, Keeper of the Lore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:59 AM

But that sounds like one hell of a pic man!:D

indeed my friend :P

Posted Image

#4 bloodgod582

bloodgod582

Tech marine

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:01 AM

If you think about it some of them are just cheap copies of a space marine anyway. Spartans are the worst they are just space marines in lighter armor with crappier weapons
skulls again why can't I have nice things

#5 Corman2030

Corman2030

Crimson Fist Liaison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:15 AM

Yes! I approve of your artwork.

Posted Image

"If Death is Victory, how Afraid of Life can we be!"-OH, SLEEPER

#6 Talos Valcoran

Talos Valcoran

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • 1,202 posts
  • Xbox Live:Archmage Talos
  • PSN:Morgoth1100
  • Social Groups:Raven Guard

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:50 AM

That sounds like an awesome pic.

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don't fight, you can't win! - Eren Yaeger (Attack on Titan)

#7 prospero's chosen1399

prospero's chosen1399

chapter master of 'prospero's chosen'

• Banned
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:10 AM

If you think about it some of them are just cheap copies of a space marine anyway. Spartans are the worst they are just space marines in lighter armor with crappier weapons

Spartans are waaaaaayyy older than spacemarines

#8 Master Romulous

Master Romulous

Dark Angels Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

Spartans are waaaaaayyy older than spacemarines

I believe he is refering to the spartans from the game halo since everyone he listed has there own version of power armor.

Those that dishonor the will of the Emperor shall find no respite, for my zeal is unrelenting.
Chaplain Romulous, 5th Company.
Posted Image

#9 prospero's chosen1399

prospero's chosen1399

• Banned
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:38 AM

Shhh... don't pick on me ;)

i was on about halo Spartans as they're from the 3rd millennium and space marines are from the 41st

#10 Dominion

Dominion

Space Wolf - Blood Claw

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

Since you are a pretty decent artist your friends prolly just wanted to see more accurate to the 40k universe artwork. otherwise it is fun mash together everything fan art. either way whatever brings out the creative juices!
Posted Image

#11 GravePrometheus

GravePrometheus

Just a guy.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:08 PM

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. Spartans are different in a few ways. Spartans are made more for stealth, not all out combat like Space Marines. The process of creation also greatly differs. And as someone else pointed out, there's a huge time gap between Spartans and Space Marines. Are the concepts very similar? Yes, they are. But they aren't just cheap knock offs.

As for whether a lone Space Marine could take on all of those foes at once? Ehhhhh. It seems doubtful. Unless the ceramite armor is impenetrable to all their weapons' fire, their number and versatility give them an advantage. If they came at him one at a time, maybe. I think we'd all like to see the picture though. It sounds neat.

graveprometheus.jpg

#12 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

Sorcerer Supreme of the Thousand Sons

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

Space Marines are good....

But a few listed there are awsome:
Spartans
Samus
and Iron Man

But we all know storm troopers are rubbish. I mean they got killed by ewoks for Cods sake

Two Giratina are better than one.

Posted Image

Thanks to Astral Shadow of Serebii for the Signiture

#13 Cypher 1013

Cypher 1013

Raven Wing 2nd Company battle brother

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:19 AM

But we all know storm troopers are rubbish. I mean they got killed by ewoks for Cods sake

LOL:P
Stoopid fuqing rools.
Awesome ends with me.

#14 Master Romulous

Master Romulous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:15 AM

Spartans
Samus
and Iron Man

None of whom have the following that sets the space marines on an entirely different level then all 3 of those:

19 implants to boost the senses to in-human levels, immune system, 2 hearts in case one fails, multiple lungs to support there massive frame and prolonged activity on an exstensive level. beltchers glands to spit corrosive acid in the face of your enemies or to melt away solid metal. Being able to go into a form of biological stasis if you are greviously wounded so a medic can heal you even if it has been days.

Most space marines alone stand atleast 7 feet tall minimum without there armor on and have a massive muscular frame which with power armor on there strenght is only increased. (a space marine with a power fist can literly roll over a tank that is trying to run him over if he hits it right, your allowed to in table-top if you make a sucsessful roll)

Could master chief do that?

A space marine can live for over a thousand years.....
A space marine can become immortal through being intombed in a dreadnought (pending he isnt slain in combat)....
A space marine spends more than a lifetime training in combat, a lifetime which far exceeds any of those other names listed.
A Space marine has multiple tools at his disposal that would make his destruction all but impossible (Iron halo, Field Displacer, a jump pack, a teleporter)

Offesive capabilities:

Master Chief has an assault rifle im assuming around 7.62 in caliber and grenades and a shotgun and a missle launcher if he feels like carrying one, Iron man has force beams and small rockets.

A space marine standard issue bolter- its rounds are roughtly 20mm, thats the size round we use for antivehicle weapons on our Bradely Fighting Vehicles in the U.S. Army. it put holes in everything but a heavily armored tank. The Bolter rounds work the same way as a rocket propelled grenade, upon penetration of there target they explode, a 20mm bolter round is a little bigger than a normal sized human fist. Thats not a small exsplosian. A center mass hit on any of those 3 targets listed would turn there torso into mist and send there limbs in different directions. They also have seeker rounding in-case your target is moving to handicap your accuracy if you need it which act as heat-seekers. Not to mention a slew of other specialty rounds.

whats a shotgun when you can evaporate absolutly anything with a melta gun.... Melta charges can evaporate even the thickest armor in one shot. its a funnel of death. lacks range but who cares when things dissappear infront of you and your armoured from head to toe.

Plasma guns- imagine being shot with molten lava...repeatedly...

Lightning claws- Can sheer through any depth of metal and flesh due to the heat conducted from the blades "light sabers pretty much". Super heated blades all the lenght of a sword swiping across your body as he closes the distance with via a jumppack. I wonder how it would feel to have someone who most likely weights over 800 lbs with gear on slamming down on you with blade and armoured boot.

those are only but a few exsamples.

A space marine does not need to eat for days and can maintain the same preformance via his recycler.

Space Marines fear nothing, they are not mortal men. Only in death does duty end.

A space marines durability and lifetime of endless training with the weapons at his disposal and an arsenal of weapons ment to kill opponents of the same caliber as himself and his ability to live over 10 times the life span of the others listed puts him far above the rest.

Forever Astarties, I shall follow the will of the lion untill my end.
Posted Image

#15 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

Sorcerer Supreme of the Thousand Sons

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

Spartans
Samus
and Iron Man

None of whom have the following that sets the space marines on an entirely different level then all 3 of those:

19 implants to boost the senses to in-human levels, immune system, 2 hearts in case one fails, multiple lungs to support there massive frame and prolonged activity on an exstensive level. beltchers glands to spit corrosive acid in the face of your enemies or to melt away solid metal. Being able to go into a form of biological stasis if you are greviously wounded so a medic can heal you even if it has been days.
Posted Image
Most space marines alone stand atleast 7 feet tall minimum without there armor on and have a massive muscular frame which with power armor on there strenght is only increased. (a space marine with a power fist can literly roll over a tank that is trying to run him over if he hits it right, your allowed to in table-top if you make a sucsessful roll)

Could master chief do that?

A space marine can live for over a thousand years.....
A space marine can become immortal through being intombed in a dreadnought (pending he isnt slain in combat)....
A space marine spends more than a lifetime training in combat, a lifetime which far exceeds any of those other names listed.
A Space marine has multiple tools at his disposal that would make his destruction all but impossible (Iron halo, Field Displacer, a jump pack, a teleporter)
Posted Image
Offesive capabilities:

Master Chief has an assault rifle im assuming around 7.62 in caliber and grenades and a shotgun and a missle launcher if he feels like carrying one, Iron man has force beams and small rockets.

A space marine standard issue bolter- its rounds are roughtly 20mm, thats the size round we use for antivehicle weapons on our Bradely Fighting Vehicles in the U.S. Army. it put holes in everything but a heavily armored tank. The Bolter rounds work the same way as a rocket propelled grenade, upon penetration of there target they explode, a 20mm bolter round is a little bigger than a normal sized human fist. Thats not a small exsplosian. A center mass hit on any of those 3 targets listed would turn there torso into mist and send there limbs in different directions. They also have seeker rounding in-case your target is moving to handicap your accuracy if you need it which act as heat-seekers. Not to mention a slew of other specialty rounds.

whats a shotgun when you can evaporate absolutly anything with a melta gun.... Melta charges can evaporate even the thickest armor in one shot. its a funnel of death. lacks range but who cares when things dissappear infront of you and your armoured from head to toe.

Plasma guns- imagine being shot with molten lava...repeatedly...
Posted Image
Lightning claws- Can sheer through any depth of metal and flesh due to the heat conducted from the blades "light sabers pretty much". Super heated blades all the lenght of a sword swiping across your body as he closes the distance with via a jumppack. I wonder how it would feel to have someone who most likely weights over 800 lbs with gear on slamming down on you with blade and armoured boot.

those are only but a few exsamples.

A space marine does not need to eat for days and can maintain the same preformance via his recycler.

Space Marines fear nothing, they are not mortal men. Only in death does duty end.

A space marines durability and lifetime of endless training with the weapons at his disposal and an arsenal of weapons ment to kill opponents of the same caliber as himself and his ability to live over 10 times the life span of the others listed puts him far above the rest.
Posted Image
Forever Astarties, I shall follow the will of the lion untill my end.

Posted Image 
The Honey Badger has Spoken.

Two Giratina are better than one.

Posted Image

Thanks to Astral Shadow of Serebii for the Signiture

#16 Master Romulous

Master Romulous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:41 PM

The Honey Badger has Spoken.

*look's at his post for actual text and only finds images* Where? Couldnt make an intellectual rebuttel to the post? :D Im just joken it's all good, everyone is entitled to there opinion.
Posted Image

#17 Corman2030

Corman2030

Crimson Fist Liaison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:52 PM

You don't want to get Grave into a debate, it will be the end of you all.

Posted Image

"If Death is Victory, how Afraid of Life can we be!"-OH, SLEEPER

#18 Orion Gallo

Orion Gallo

Meatshield

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:47 PM

Its just line work atm. ANd I still gotta add the Clone troopers legs. But here you go.
"To the last man and the last round."
-Chaplain Orion gallo of the Omega Marines.

#19 prospero's chosen1399

prospero's chosen1399

• Banned
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:44 PM

EPIC......ITS ALMOST AS GOOD AS MY WALL DRAWINGS :D

#20 GravePrometheus

GravePrometheus

Just a guy.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:11 AM

In reply to Chaplain Romulous' post:

I'm making a big assumption here, but from the way you talk, it sounds like you're not very familiar with the opponents listed. At least not as familiar as you are with Space Marines. No offense intended, that's merely the way it appears to me.

Firstly, for all the virtues you are professing of the Space Marines, it seems you are forgetting that they still die. Even a dreadnought can be slain. Is it an easy task? No. But they are not immune to death.

It's entirely possible that a Spartan II could flip over a tank that is attempting to ram them. In at least the games, you are capable of flipping over Scorpion tanks when they have been overturned. In Halo Legends, a Spartan II lifts an entire ODST drop pod with an ODST still inside it and chucks it, all the while standing in unstable ground (a swamp). Their strength is nothing to scoff at.

The candidates for Spartan IIs were chosen from the highest grade of the gene pool, and abducted to be trained in their early childhood. In their teenage years, when they already had the physical performance of Olympian athletes, they were augmented in several ways. They were given a cocktail that increased their natural strength, senses and reaction time, and had an extremely dense metal grafted to their bones. In an encounter with some ODST that were trying to give John trouble after his augmenting, it seemed as if they were moving in slow motion to him.

To add to their already heightened status, the Mjolnir power armor that they wear amplifies their strength, speed, and reaction time even more. A normal human can't even use the Mjolnir armor because of how quickly the suit responds to your thoughts for movement. A testpilot found that out the hard way when it broke his spine. In the armor, they usually stand seven to eight feet tall, and weigh half a ton. The fastest Spartan II, Kelly, is known to be able to sprint at 38 mph. John was able to achieve 60 mph once, but injured his achilles tendon in the process. And for weighing half a ton, they are all masters of stealth, staying whisper quiet in nearly all environments. I'm not a Warhammer 40k buff, so I'd like to know, are Space Marines capable of movement like that?

I'd also like to note that Spartan IIs are not just fantastic physical specimens, their intelligence is also of a high caliber. The Spartan IIs who were crippled in the unrefined augmentation process were still able to serve as brilliant tacticians and strategists.

In response to your mention of a life time of training, as I understand it, not all Space Marines have been Space Marines their whole lives. Some have been implanted with geneseed and made into Space Marines later in their lives. Spartan IIs, however, might as well have spent their entire life training. I only say might as well have been, because there is the five, six, or seven years they spent living as normal citizens in their childhood. Master Chief is somewhere around his forties in the events of Halo: Combat Evolved, and he was abducted at the age of six. That means he has at least 36 years of training and combat experience.

Add in to everything else I've mentioned energy shields and the fact that Spartan IIs have fought enemies that use more advanced tech (Covenant use plasma weapons which are like "being shot with molten lava", as you said. Not to mention the needler weapons that pierce and then supercombine to explode, which is reminiscent of bolter weaponry. There are also the energy swords, superheated plasma contained in magnetic fields that could possibly match lightning claws) and are stronger and tougher than they are, and I wouldn't count Spartans out so readily.

As for Samus Aran, she was raised by a technologically advanced race of aliens on their planet, the consequence of which increased her physical abilities beyond a normal human. Add to that the power suit (I'm assuming it also enhances her physical abilities) she received from them that has advanced energy weapons as well as extremely powerful missiles, along with several other abilities that I admit unfamiliarity with, and the suit's extreme durability through harsh environments and combat. She's another opponent that you can not readily count out.

And on to Tony Stark. I'll be honest, it sounds like you've only seen the movies. And even in the movies, he had a laser armament that could shear through solid metal. His suit increases physical strength to a great degree (going toe to toe with opponents that have strength several times that of a normal human), allows flight (mach speed flight, at that), and has tactical read-outs. In the comics, he has several different weapons pods that he can attach to his armor to allow for greater offensive potential. His repulsor beams alone are fearsome weapons.

And let's not forget his most important weapon, his mind. He's a genius that designed all of his tech himself. Which leads me up to one of his greater suits. If allowed full use of his arsenal, he has the Hulk Buster. A suit of armor for combating the Incredible Hulk, who very well might be the strongest character in the Marvel universe. Incredibly armored, extremely strong, it's an armor that's designed to fight an opponent that can rip steel to shreds with his bare hands. I think it would do well against a Space Marine, assuming the bolter rounds can't pierce it (Stark's armor is made out of very tough material) or that Stark is able to shoot the rounds down before they get to him.

Let's keep in mind the world that Stark lives in, full of magic, super powers and super technology. He fights with beings far more powerful than himself on what seems like a daily basis.

I admit that I'm not entirely familiar with either Samus Aran or Iron Man, so there may be several more elements that make them much more of a match to a Space Marine. Hence why I initially stated that a single Space Marine against all these foes may not fair so well. Singularly, it's possible, but all of them at once? Unlikely.

It's spelled "rebuttal", by the way. ; )

Edit: Jeez, almost forgot to comment on the picture. Looks sweet, Orion, get it colored already, haha.

graveprometheus.jpg

Change Theme!