13 replies to this topic

#1 CattyVixen

CattyVixen

Sister of Battle

• Premium Member
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:04 AM

So.. I was playing Spacemearine yesterday, and it was all good...

And then I got this message, screaming at me on my screen:
"ARE YOU A G OR A M"
After realized that he/she/it/that probably wanted to know my gender I answered back, calm:
"I'm a girl. Why?"
After a while a got a message back screaming at me again:
"YOU ARE PLAYING AS GOOD AS THE BOYS ARE GOOD JOB"
I read it like 16 times or something and I actually didn't know how to feel about it.
I answered back a:
"Thanks, I guess...?"

Now... I'm sorry, but I'm split in my feelings.
On one hand I'm like "wohoo, I'm playing in the guys league! Yeah, awesome!"

On the other hand I'm like "WTF, are you stupid, of course I am, I am better then most guys and you are just a little puppy that doesn't know it yet, of course I can, why wouldn't I, because I should be in the kitchen all the time? Oh, I will tell you, you little soon to be dead puppy, that if someone wants me to stand in the kitchen all day they better give me the xbox three times a week or I swear I will not stand in the kitchen barefoot and give birth to the kids and... Gaaah!" ^^

Okay, so... Was it meant like an insult? Seriously, in which universe is it a compliment to say to a girl that she's 'as good as the boys are'... Not in this, and definitely not in the 40K universe! He/she/it/that has probably never heard about Sisters of Battles before...

Posted Image

#2 Iron K

Iron K

A Berserker's Soul in a Pacifist's Body!

• Premium Member
  • 1,833 posts
  • Xbox Live:Iron K

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:18 AM

Personally I don't give a flying, or walking, fuck about the gender, social status, appearance and/or age of the people I'm playing with..

If you are on my team; help me out or get the hell out of my way.

If you are on the opposing team; DIE!

But seriously though, it is bullshit to say that a girl is playing as good as the guys. Now if he would have said something like "YOU'RE PLAYING AS GOOD AS THE OTHER TOP RANKED PLAYERS IN THIS MATCH!", and without the screaming capslock, it would not have been a big deal.

Just think about it, if someone came up to you as you were cooking and screamed "WOW, YOU'RE COOKING AS GOOD AS THE GIRLS ARE GOOD JOB!", I at least would have been slightly insulted, and pissed of as hell about this screaming retard in my home...

Closing Argument: It's a game. And as far as I know we don't play these kinds of games with our genitals. Other games perhaps, but not video games.

(Having said that, I'm completely convinced that one of you sick fucks have either done it, or will try it after reading this...  :dodgy: )

Posted Image

#3 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:28 AM

There is no discrimination in the 40K universe, be you man, woman, or mushroom, you will still probably be eaten by Tyranids :D

But this being the internet most things are insults, but my guess this was a compliment because he wants to get on your good side because your a gamer and a girl. (i.e. he is probably trying to open up a conversation and start flirting with you)

Edited by JC 042, 30 January 2014 - 10:29 AM.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#4 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:01 AM

Yeah it's insulting but I think he's trying to be nice in a retarded way. It's like you were saying last night, you want to be mad but can't for the fact that he's complimenting you at the same time.

@JC, yeah I'll second that. It'd explain why he was following her around through the lobbies. :P

@Iron, send him the mugshot. ;) Oh and I just tried it, its tricky to pull the trigger like that...

Edited by Fuzzy, 30 January 2014 - 11:04 AM.

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#5 Talos Valcoran

Talos Valcoran

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • 1,202 posts
  • Xbox Live:Archmage Talos
  • PSN:Morgoth1100
  • Social Groups:Raven Guard

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

I think it was insulting and some what a compliment. 

I've met a lot women on video games who (including you) have kicked my ass and are very good players. And that is awesome.:P

You should burn him anyways. :D

Edited by Talos Valcoran, 30 January 2014 - 05:10 PM.

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don't fight, you can't win! - Eren Yaeger (Attack on Titan)

#6 Draco Ny'ade

Draco Ny'ade

Forgefather

• Interrogator
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:04 PM

i would say that it may partly have been surprise at the fact he had discovered a gamer-girl. you people are very hard to find. but submit as many complaints at him as possible for sexism and if you ever see him again - Shoot the fuck out of him :P

Posted Image

#7 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:07 PM

Ye from the sounds of it he is trying to compliment you but he well did not do it right (or even at all)

But ye hell sister Hope can kick my ass on space marine.

Posted Image

#8 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:44 PM

There is this prevailing mentality that girls are shit at video games, it's part of the same mentality that girls just exist for sex. 

Many female gamers I have played with are far better than their male counterparts, if I had to hazard a guess as to why I would say it's because they can actually play the game while the guys are derping around and showing off. Not many people realise it but girls make up 60% of all gamers currently though that includes MMOs and Phone games.  Many of them just play male characters so all the slimeballs (QED the douche catty is talking about) don't hit on them.

I think you should report his ass for sexism and then riddle him full of bolter shells at every opportunity

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#9 CattyVixen

CattyVixen

Sister of Battle

• Premium Member
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:22 PM

@ Doom: So can I little puppy! ^^

And yes, as Fuzzy said, He/she/it/that actually followed me around and when I took a break, the player left and invited me to another game... I didn't answered it, since I had a practice.

Well.. I don't know if it was sexism.. It could be a girl and she was so happy to see another girl there that was good, and she also wanted to be that?

What I am pissed off over..? Is that my gender had to do with how I play.. Like wouldn't I be a good player if I was a guy, would I just be a 'decent' player then? But just because I am a girl I am now classified as good?

Well, if that's the case, I feel very insulted and violated. Since then it's "just-because-I'm-a-girl-thing".. And I don't want to have a "just-because" treatment! Not a "because" I'm a girl anyway.. If I'm good, and they think it's worth write that to me, my gender should not matter...

Posted Image

#10 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

girls just exist for sex.

Most sensible thing you've ever said! ;)

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#11 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:24 PM

It's a known fact women make better snipers because they can concentrate and keep calm, maybe the same applies for video games? I know a lot of the time when I feel there's a hundred things happening at once my hands spasm and I throw my controller up in the air as a result XD

Most sensible thing you've ever said! ;)

I don't know why we never put in a vote down posts thing in the system...

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#12 ebonybrotherhood

ebonybrotherhood

Blood Thirsty Psychopath

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

Wow, that guy is pretty stupid. Just never ever ever identify as a gamer-girl, because you are not. You are a gamer, gender is not and should not be important in this type of thing.

How could my Chaos Space Marine possibly be this cute?

#13 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

I don't know why we never put in a vote down posts thing in the system...

Because people such as myself would abuse the fuck out of it. :)

#14 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:26 AM

Because people such as myself would abuse the fuck out of it. :)

Precisely why it is turned off :D

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

Change Theme!