#1 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts
  • Xbox Live:The Warmaster82

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:41 AM

So I have all dragon masks, at least i thought I had. It appears that the Volsung mask is either misplaced, as in I cant find it, or it glitched in which case it's gone. If any body has a solution to fix this please state it. I really want that last mask, but I need all eight.
Purge the heresy with the Emperor's fire of retribution. Destroy the mutant against the anvil of his wrath. Exterminate the xenos with the courage of humanity.

#2 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:56 AM

Is this on PC or Console?

If this is on PC you could just use a command to access an object to make it appear in your inventory. If this if on Console then I have no idea and I think you will just have to retrace your steps to find it. You might have just misplaced it within a home or somewhere you searched or a follower might have it and you forgot to take it from them when you changed them for someone else.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#3 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:13 AM

You'll search Lydia's inventory and find she stole it! :P

But yeah, DX has the right idea.

You could also check the wikia if this is a known glitch and if there is a known solution.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#4 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

DX has the right idea.

I always have the right idea....

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#5 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

It's not that mask you get just before you go to Sovangarde is it?

Posted Image

#6 Iron K

Iron K

A Berserker's Soul in a Pacifist's Body!

• Premium Member
  • 1,833 posts
  • Xbox Live:Iron K

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

DX has the right idea.

I always have the right idea....

Yeah, even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while..
And that's saying much since Dx is the father of all nuts.

So even a nuts Dx can gets a squirrel once in a while?

Posted Image

#7 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

If any mask is given to any follower, over time it may disappear from their inventory.

It is possible for the glowing words to not appear and so impossible to learn the word. This also means that the Dragon Priest and his mask are unavailable as well. To get around this use the Unrelenting Force shout on the priest's coffin which will blast the priest out of the coffin and slam him against the wall. This will also stun him for a short time and make the fight against him easier. One tactic is to also throw a Fire Rune in front of the coffin, which will awaken him. It won't get the word but at least the mask will be received (confirmed on PC). Learning Whirlwind Sprint as part of the main quest first before clearing this dungeon may resolve this. Also, all 3 parts of Whirlwind Sprint can be unlocked regardless of whether or not Volskygge's word wall shows up

Posted Image

#8 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

Might be. If that is the Dragon mask that you get from there it is an inaccessible area after you leave the area and go to Sovangarde. =/

#9 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts
  • Xbox Live:fallen angels95

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

Mine never vanished so I got all the dragon masks (inc. Dragonborn) with np

To be just, our law must be cruel.

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

We determine the guilty. We decide the punishment.

#10 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

Might be. If that is the Dragon mask that you get from there it is an inaccessible area after you leave the area and go to Sovangarde. =/

Nah, it's one in a ruin. I checked the wikia, those seem to be the only two explanations I put in quotes.

Posted Image

#11 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

Ah fair enough. I don't even wear Dragon Priest masks. Some do give some nice bonuses but having 100 enchanting and lots of perks for enchanting and then some potions which increase enchanting mean you can make some seriously over powered armour. EG Being basically resistant to all Magic =D

#12 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:47 AM

I dont care about bonuses, I just like the fact that its badass, and its on console and so far the only solution I found was to torrent a mac version of skyrim and use console commands to re add the mask and figure out what the hell happened to my wife. I married Aela, and she disappeared.
Purge the heresy with the Emperor's fire of retribution. Destroy the mutant against the anvil of his wrath. Exterminate the xenos with the courage of humanity.

#13 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:11 AM

I dont care about bonuses, I just like the fact that its badass, and its on console and so far the only solution I found was to torrent a mac version of skyrim and use console commands to re add the mask and figure out what the hell happened to my wife. I married Aela, and she disappeared.

I'm sorry...

[spoiler=But she left you for this guy...]:P
Postad bild[/spoiler] 
But seriously, go to Volskygge and see if you just missed him as the glitch specifies when he doesn't come out of his coffin.

Posted Image

#14 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts
  • Xbox Live:fallen angels95

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

my eyes

To be just, our law must be cruel.

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

We determine the guilty. We decide the punishment.

#15 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

Jokes on you the pic wouldn't load, also I specifically remember killing Volsung, and I've revisited the site a dozen times trying to find out if I just forgot to loot it, but I can't find the body, and so far I have gotten no indication that Aela is dead, but I need to find her anyways because its possible I gave the mask to her.

#16 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

Then as said before the mask might have disappeared in her possession.

Posted Image

#17 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:09 AM

Anybody no a way to get an xbox save to work for a pc/mac version. I know it can be done just not how.

#18 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:04 AM

Having a PC that can read and run disks like an xbox.

Posted Image

#19 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

Someone said that if you put it on a flash drive then the pc/mac version will convert it to pc/mac.

#20 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

Someone said that if you put it on a flash drive then the pc/mac version will convert it to pc/mac.

I don't think any developer will let that happen, they would want you to buy the game on the other format. Plus I don't see how your save carries over seeing as its not stored on the disk.

Posted Image

Change Theme!